inspiration 4 art coursework-subject 'birds eye view'

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Crazy cate
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
k, i am v v v v stuck with my art GCSE coursework!! i have 2 fill a whole sketchbook with the subject matter of 'birds eye view'. i have a couple of ideas, but not enough 2 fill a whole sketchbook!!!! any ideas wud b very useful, they kinda need to b interesting and unique!!! thanx sooooooo much 2 n e 1 who decides 2 help me!!!! loadsa luv Catexxx
tweetsy85
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
when i did my art gcse coursework, the first thing i did was sit down and draw a spider diagram with all the links to the subject given. and dont worry, most of the time, they're really not fussy what u draw, the subject is just a starting point and u can go as far as u want from there. eg. my friend ended up painting a toilet for her final art piece when the subject was "inside outside" lol!! and she got an A!

eg. bird's eye view = view from a tree/ view from low down on ground/ view from a rooftop/chimney.... perhaps u can start by taking photos or doing sketches of views which you think a bird would see. perhaps drawing studies of leaves, flowers...
LittleMissSmile
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
k i think id do summit along the lines of havin a big canvas cut into the shape of an eye - and then inside it draw something from the natural world. remember birds eye view is basically meanin to get the 'entire' picture...so perhaps have something hidden in the picture sumwhere...!i dno! sorry if this is useless just thought id try cos i did art gcse and i know how frustratin it is to run outta ideas!
x o x
whitefire
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
I'm 'fraid I don't actually do art myself, but I have mates that do, and I think they prefer that you have a new way to look than that you stick to the subject too much. I was thinkin that maps are a kindov Bird's Eye View and you could perhaps combine arial photos and maps of places ( http://www.multimap.co.uk do arial photos and maps of all sorts of places [just put in a post code] but it's best if you do a well populated area, like London or York because they tend to have better maps and photos of more popular areas)

I think art teachers are *very* fickle.

Jess x
Egan1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by whitefire
I'm 'fraid I don't actually do art myself, but I have mates that do, and I think they prefer that you have a new way to look than that you stick to the subject too much. I was thinkin that maps are a kindov Bird's Eye View and you could perhaps combine arial photos and maps of places ( http://www.multimap.co.uk do arial photos and maps of all sorts of places [just put in a post code] but it's best if you do a well populated area, like London or York because they tend to have better maps and photos of more popular areas)

I think art teachers are *very* fickle.

Jess x
I really like that idea...maybe you should have done art!

This thread has got me thinking...hmmm- there's so many possibilities- you could do something in the refelction of an eye- maybe that's too cheesy...erm...lots of things quite hard to explain but would be interesting to work on...I'm really looking forward to doing this type of thing,

maybe try typing it into a google image search...it'll prob just come up with loads of landscapes etc but you might find the occational expressive picture or something- worth a try maybe
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (295)
34.26%
No (566)
65.74%

Watched Threads