llainey
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi,

I was predicted an A grade or top B grade at OCR PE , but achieved a C grade, I am 5 points away, 2 on 1 paper and 3 on the other , should I get it remarked as I want to do this at A level?

Also in geography, where I was predicted a B and got a C, I am 3 marks off a B in 1 paper which would push me to a B grade overall, should I remark, again, I want to study it at A level?

Last one, chemistry , I am 1 mark from a B on 2 of the papers which would move me to a B which I was predicted.Should I get a remark.

Please advise asap.
manningA15
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by llainey)
Hi,

I was predicted an A grade or top B grade at OCR PE , but achieved a C grade, I am 5 points away, 2 on 1 paper an3 on the other , should I get it remarked as I want to do this at A level?

Also in geography, where I was predicted a B and got a C, I am 3 marks off a B in 1 paper which would push me to a B grade overall, should I remark, again, I want to study it at A level?

Last one, chemistry , I am 1 mark from a B on 2 of the papers which would move me to a B which I was predicted.Should I get a remark.

Please advise asap.
First of all, it depends somewhat on what each mark was out of, e.g. what it the max point score you could have had for P.E.? Your remark is much more likely to be successful if its out of, say, 400, than if it is out of 200, for example.
Secondly, if you are really set on getting these remarked, then I would contact your school's examination officer; they should be able to advise you further and get your work sent off to be remarked if they deem there is enough reason for it. Good luck
llainey
Rep:
?
How do I find out the max score?
Thank you
llainey
Rep:
?
(Original post by manningA15)
First of all, it depends somewhat on what each mark was out of, e.g. what it the max point score you could have had for P.E.? Your remark is much more likely to be successful if its out of, say, 400, than if it is out of 200, for example.
Secondly, if you are really set on getting these remarked, then I would contact your school's examination officer; they should be able to advise you further and get your work sent off to be remarked if they deem there is enough reason for it. Good luck

I think I can now see on oct web site, max score on Chem is 400, so do you think worth it?

PE and Geog are 200/220, would this be no point?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate