Turn on thread page Beta

HELP: Best way to become a midwife? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys, after passing 6 GCSEs including maths, english and 2 sciences (core and additional) at grade C I am happy to announce that i would like to become a midwife.
    ( just to say my gcse mocks were much better all A/B - only got Cs due to 3 months of very poor health which can be proven if need be)
    My local college offers this BTECH course
    Health and Social Care Level 3 90 Credit Diploma/Extended Diploma

This course is equivalent to 3 A levels not 2, BUT 3
    You can either go down path 1- which focuses on nursing and midwifery or path 2 which is is social education but obviously I am going to want to go with PATH 1.
    YES I KNOW MY GCSES WEREN'T THAT GREAT- but as i said this WAS due to poor health and I know I am more than capable of doing well in this course since i have very good English and maths skills despite the grades.

NOW my question is, if i want to go into a midwifery course at university (a reasonably good one)
    Is this the best option I can do?
    I know I am capable of achieving distinctions or above throughout and THIS IS WHAT I REALLY REALLY WANT TO DO FOR MY OCCUPATION!

So say if I did this course and got DDD or higher, would universities accept me for midwifery?
    Also if anybody else has done this course, some tips and advice would be much appreciated- thank you.
    Also if someone else could explain in a bit more detail what it involves, that would be helpful.
    ( Also, I have considered A levels but thought this would be better because it involves far more work experience than A levels could ever give me) Am i correct?
    Thank you everybody for your time x

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.