The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

How long for accommodation deposit to go through?

I've payed for the deposit, but slightly worried it won't be processed or go through in time and I'll lose my accommodation? Is this true?
Look here, it says a bit about it...
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by Persipan
Look here, it says a bit about it...

Thanks, I should be fine then
Has yours gone through?
I paid mine on Thursday and it still hasn't updated /: my offer expires on Sunday /:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by emilialucy
Has yours gone through?
I paid mine on Thursday and it still hasn't updated /: my offer expires on Sunday /:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm equally anxious :/ I paid mine Thursday but my offer said it would expire on the 21st. My status still says awaiting deposit so I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be doing? :/
Reply 5
Says awaiting deposit, I think I'll contact them today.
Original post by Arkasia
Says awaiting deposit, I think I'll contact them today.

Let me know what they say :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by emilialucy
Let me know what they say :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Will do :smile:
Reply 8
Good luck! Hopefully they'll explain what's going on. I emailed them on Friday but no reply as of yet, if I get no reply I may have to phone them!!😱
Reply 9
I paid my deposit Friday (when I got my offer) after I finished work. It has to be done by tomorrow but it still hasn't gone through. Has anyone found anything out about why it's taking so long?
Thankfully my accommodation has been confirmed now, but I also got a reply from the accommodation office and this is what they said: "We do allow some additional days for the deposit to arrive, so there is no need to worry. Before we even think about cancelling offers, we always try to make contact with a student to ask if they've made the payment. Payments form abroad and bank transfers do take up to 7 days, so we are always very accommodating. " hope this helps :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 11
Thank you that's great! That's a stress off of my mind :smile:
Haha yes I know what you mean, I've been in a flap all weekend worrying about it 😂
Reply 13
It's an absolute nightmare isn't it?

Now all I have to worry about is my Mom being able to scrape the rest of the money to put towards my accomodation. It's not going down too well >_<
Yup! Pretty good way to describe it XD I have no idea when the student loans get paid in so I can pay the first installment in September:/ my mum wouldn't have that kind of money to lend me! In a bit of a panic haha 😆
Reply 15
Same, I don't know exactly when it goes in either.

My Mom has to put over £700 towards my accomodation fees (like we can afford it), but the way they have made it so we have to pay is madness. Long story short, my mom has to pay £1200, but then get's just over £400 back in April with the last instalment. It makes no sense at all how they've done it. We're now struggling to find the money for the first instalment. I'll be lucky to make it to Uni alive XD
Original post by Cath.101
Yup! Pretty good way to describe it XD I have no idea when the student loans get paid in so I can pay the first installment in September:/ my mum wouldn't have that kind of money to lend me! In a bit of a panic haha 😆

It's paid the day it's due (21st Septmber)

Posted from TSR Mobile
oh yay thank you :3 how do you know this? I tried looking on the student finance website but it kept saying that my payments were scheduled but wouldn't display them 😱
Original post by Cath.101
oh yay thank you :3 how do you know this? I tried looking on the student finance website but it kept saying that my payments were scheduled but wouldn't display them 😱

It should say on the student finance payments

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Yeah my accomodation deposit thankfully went through on Monday :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending