How long can you live without your mobile phone?

Watch
Poll: Are you suffering from nomophobia? How long can you live without your mobile phone?
1 hour (14)
17.72%
1 day (28)
35.44%
1 week (37)
46.84%
This discussion is closed.
TSR
Badges: 4
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Sponsored thread

Are you suffering from nomophobia? How long can you live without your mobile phone?

1 hour?
1 day?
1 week?

Take the real test now and find out if you've got nomophobia: www.doctornomo.com
UnshapenConch51
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm really bad at it. But it is the only way I can contact work get to my emails on the go and I have a slight addiction to Tumblr. whoops
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I can't really go without my phone for long. Mainly because ever since I started to get panic attacks, I feel like I need it with me at all times in case of an emergency or in case I take a bad panic when I'm alone and need to call someone. I try and go walks every few days without my phone so try and break it being a safety object for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
BurstingBubbles
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It depends who I'm with. If I'm with the people I message a lot, I'm fine. Definitely addicted to the people and not the mobile phone
_anon_banon
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by TSR)
Sponsored thread

Are you suffering from nomophobia? How long can you live without your mobile phone?

1 hour?
1 day?
1 week?

Take the real test now and find out if you've got nomophobia: www.doctornomo.com
Lol I'm alright withought a phone.. Lasted 1week withought it :c lol getting it back nextwweek tho xD.
as long as i have the computer <3
ESutcliffe0
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I went with the 1 Week option since it's the longest, but i know I can go on for longer without my phone.

Though if we were to talk laptops then that would be another story.
Felix1994
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by TSR)
Sponsored thread

1 hour?
1 day?
1 week?

Hey everyone I don't who to turn too I need about some banking advice anyone here
angelcake123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Optionally: A couple of days maximum.

If I have no choice, I learn to adapt without it - like when my phone was in repairs

Posted from TSR Mobile
16Characters....
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I had to vote 1 week. But I have not charged mine for a fortnight, and even before then it was only charged for a week.
he4dlights
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I love my phone way too much, even though I managed to smash the camera and screen a few weeks ago... An hour for me
sxnah
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I CANT OKAY I JUST CANT I love my phone to bits but to help me study Im going to get some apps to help me
spiritless98
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If I'm with people that are good to hold a conversation with, then I can go without my mobile phone for as long as I'm occupied with them
However if I didn't have anyone to talk to id pretty much be bored without my phone
shah931
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
i guess its quite hard for one to live without mobile no matter how hard you commit to yourself.

P.S : mobile is slowing becoming a part of our life,also we end up taking portable charger so it remains with us all the tym..
donutaud15
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm never without my mobile phone

Posted from TSR Mobile
tanya.chichi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've gone eight months when I thought I'd lost it for good.

My phone breaks a lot so when its playing up I can leave it for a few weeks.
Pickles
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
As much as I hate to say it - I don't think I can live longer than a day without it now. It's become such a way of life for me. I mean, I could probably go a week if I really had to, but even then, do you not feel a bit out of touch with the outside world if you go a few days without social? Probably.
Motorbiker
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TSR)
Sponsored thread

1 hour?
1 day?
1 week?

I went ~ 2 months without my phone when I was travelling in South East Asia.

It was alright, stopped at an Internet Cafe every few days.

Posted from TSR Mobile
NineTailedFox
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
For the rest of my life. Im not a phone person
queen-bee
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My iPhone is never out of sight
toonervoustotalk
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
A day but i struggle lol
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (58)
13.36%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (56)
12.9%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (166)
38.25%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (46)
10.6%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (85)
19.59%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (23)
5.3%

Watched Threads