Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i feel hopeless i tried so hard on my gcse exams and this is a run down on what is got
    1 A* in additional science
    2 As in ICT
    5Bs in media,ict double,science core,english literature
    2Cs in maths and english language but my english language is getting remarked due to poor marking and I'm resting for higher maths in November as confirmed with my maths teacher i tired so hard for disappointment. If anyone could shed light on this issue i would be grateful i am always focused and willing to do as much work as it takes to get there. I feel i have ruined my chances as i look at other people who got all As and Bs with half the work input i put in i know this because one of these people is my friend who got better than me but has a very poor work ethic my work ethic for gcses was sicking literally will smith always says that the only route to success is a sicking work ethic and self belief now I'm starting to think is this all true

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samie moahmmed)
    i feel hopeless i tried so hard on my gcse exams and this is a run down on what is got
    1 A* in additional science
    2 As in ICT
    5Bs in media,ict double,science core,english literature
    2Cs in maths and english language but my english language is getting remarked due to poor marking and I'm resting for higher maths in November as confirmed with my maths teacher i tired so hard for disappointment. If anyone could shed light on this issue i would be grateful i am always focused and willing to do as much work as it takes to get there. I feel i have ruined my chances as i look at other people who got all As and Bs with half the work input i put in i know this because one of these people is my friend who got better than me but has a very poor work ethic my work ethic for gcses was sicking literally will smith always says that the only route to success is a sicking work ethic and self belief now I'm starting to think is this all true
    Honestly dont worry about it, if you believe In Allah the Almighty and you believe in your self and you put 100% effort in then u have done all u could, but If u resit ur Maths and Get it up to a A high Grade probably an A and u do many work experience ans volunteering In Shaa Allah you will get what you want, literally i know what you mean but all you can do is pray and work your hardest and remember others didnt do as well as you

ReputationRep:
    Also why do you only want to apply to newcastle OP. If you got great A levels then you could surely get accepted at one place...

ReputationRep:
    why tf do people always drag God into everything? IF faith in god is gunna put you into newcastle uni, why didn't he give you the GCSE grades that you needed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Docjones1)
    Also why do you only want to apply to newcastle OP. If you got great A levels then you could surely get accepted at one place...
    Bye, it isnt religious crap its core beliefs and how do you know if it helps her or not she is a Muslim and I know how it feels after I recieved My results so have some respect

ReputationRep:
    okay people chill vis break religion is a totally different topic so lets keep it at education. Docjones1 i haven't done my a levels yet but I'm committed 110% to get in and newcastle said they don't consider GCSE grades once the requirements have been met so thats Cs in maths, english and science, which i achieved and hope to improve for a levels they require 3 As in chemistry,biology and either maths or physics may i add that i got my choices for a level all three sciences and ICT.

ReputationRep:
    Getting BB in double science AND you want to do medicine?
    You're gunna have to work hella hard man, A Level science is hard (minus biology from what I've heard).
    If you get your AS at AAAA, then you have a good chance

ReputationRep:
    im a male btw and please stop with this religion conflict its a totally different matter i came here for advice and guidance not a religion debate or who's racist and i do believe racism is based of someones race not name hence having mocked a religion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Docjones1)
    Also how you know she's muslim. From her name? That's racist, you name racist.
    LOOOOOL im dead ahahaha, I'll rep you later lmfao

ReputationRep:
    btw A* and B evens out to overall A so BB isn't the case plus i know its hard but if you enjoy something to the point where your whole life is revolved around sciences then I'm sure it becomes more of a enjoyable experience. "only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go" lets see how far i can go shall we.

ReputationRep:
    btw A* and B evens out to overall A so BB isn't the case plus i know its hard but if you enjoy something to the point where your whole life is revolved around sciences then I'm sure it becomes more of a enjoyable experience. "only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go" lets see how far i can go shall we.
    Not saying you can't do it, but good luck. Start revising and all that straight away and keep at it. My friend got A* in triple science. CCEU at AS level this year, including Bio and Chem.

ReputationRep:
    thank you vis break and i know the a level results were harsh but if you are dedicated and motivated to keep going no matter how hard it gets there's always something good at the end. if your already in pain get a reward from it.

ReputationRep:
    do you recommend i study now although i have been told not to until i start sixth form as revision is their to aid learning, however without being taught something revision isn't a good idea as it may lead to confusion vis break

ReputationRep:
    do you recommend i study now although i have been told not to until i start sixth form as revision is their to aid learning, however without being taught something revision isn't a good idea as it may lead to confusion vis break
    If you study now it's not revising, it's learning lol. Personally, I didn't. I was failing all my classess all year, but got AAAB revising last minute.
    Ideally, if you have nothing else to do I say you should start looking over things, so that when you start it in class is solidifies.

If you wanna go for medicine you're gunna have to work hard.

ReputationRep:
    I've started my maths for physics and biology but i don't know what revision guides to get i don't want to waste money on the wrong revision guide vis break

ReputationRep:
    I've started my maths for physics and biology but i don't know what revision guides to get i don't want to waste money on the wrong revision guide vis break
    Idk about phys or biology. But for maths I didn't use any revision guides. Just go through exam questions, while using youtube to help you with things that are new/you don't understand

ReputationRep:
    What exam boards are you doing?
    If you're doing OCR Biology and Chemistry

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0...rch_detailpage

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0...rch_detailpage

were very good and for edexcel maths I used

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Edexcel-AS-L.../dp/0435519107

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/043551911...0CN3R36DH63N2P

were also very good.

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.