Turn on thread page Beta

Don't understand my IGCSE results, no mark just UMS? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey, i got my Igcse result yesterday and i can't tell what it means, i was predicted to pass my foundation paper and I'm gonna get it remarked but i don't understand how many marks i got anyway?

it looks something like this

AQA LEVEL 1/2 certificate USM SUBJECT AWARD

8705FW ENGLISH LANGUAGE JUNE 15 229 D(d)

i don't understand how many marks i got? i mean i found something to covert your grade to usm points but nothing from usm points, anyone got the same thing or understands it?

thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kendrif)
    Hey, i got my Igcse result yesterday and i can't tell what it means, i was predicted to pass my foundation paper and I'm gonna get it remarked but i don't understand how many marks i got anyway?

i don't understand how many marks i got? i mean i found something to covert your grade to usm points but nothing from usm points, anyone got the same thing or understands it?

thanks in advance

I'm in a similar position to but with my maths GCSE it just has a grade and points next to it, I have no ums or anything and my college wants to see what I got for the papers separately -__-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kendrif)

thanks in advance
    http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administ...t-marks-to-ums ?

ReputationRep:
    I feel the same way as you, so frustrating!

ReputationRep:
    can someone tell me if this sounds around right?
    i have 229 UMS
    i went and found out what the max and min UMS mark i can get on the test the max was 290 ums and to get a c its 240, and found out the marks to get a c ect the max marks you can get is 54 so i don't 290 divide 52 to get the UMS point per mark (5.37037037037) so then i did 229 divided 5.37037037037 to get what mark i should of got and its "42.6413793103"...... the amount of marks to get a C is a 43. i can't tell weather to be happy or shocked, I'm not sure if my calculation is right can someone tell me if they think it looks right?

websites used
    http://store.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pd...BOUNDARIES.PDF
    http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/sta...-JUNE-2015.PDF

ReputationRep:

They have not provided a UMS score so I cannot find out my mark and im sure its the same for the person who started this thread

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.