The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

When do lectures start?

Hey guys! I'm starting at Southampton in September, and I know move in day is the 19th, but I heard Freshers is two weeks? I'm not a big drinker so I'm a bit worried if all anyone is going to be doing is partying for two weeks. Do lectures start after the first week?

The website says term starts on Thursday 24th but I can't tell any more information than that

Thanks!
Reply 1
Hi, I still haven't received a welcome email which contains my student ID, so I can do all the admin stuff like setting up an IT account and enrolment..has anyone else received a welcome email from the uni yet??
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Original post by Anna R
Hi, I still haven't received a welcome email which contains my student ID, so I can do all the admin stuff like setting up an IT account and enrolment..has anyone else received a welcome email from the uni yet??

Hey, I got a place at Southampton through clearing on results day and the welcome email last Tuesday. If they haven't sent you the email yet, you could always phone up accommodation and ask for your ID number. That's what I did. Here's the link for enrolling etc http://www.welcome.southampton.ac.uk/ :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by ymlou
Hey guys! I'm starting at Southampton in September, and I know move in day is the 19th, but I heard Freshers is two weeks? I'm not a big drinker so I'm a bit worried if all anyone is going to be doing is partying for two weeks. Do lectures start after the first week?

The website says term starts on Thursday 24th but I can't tell any more information than that

Thanks!

Hiya :biggrin: I'm going to Southampton too and I am not a massive drinker at all. I'm hoping to go to events which have a focus more so than drinking. Anyway...

You can use the MySouthampton app and it lets you see the calendar for the two weeks specific to your subject which might be more useful.

You will need to set up your online account first to access this though.
Original post by Mel1312
Hiya :biggrin: I'm going to Southampton too and I am not a massive drinker at all. I'm hoping to go to events which have a focus more so than drinking. Anyway...

You can use the MySouthampton app and it lets you see the calendar for the two weeks specific to your subject which might be more useful.

You will need to set up your online account first to access this though.

So glad I'm not the only one that isn't a massive drinking fan! What halls are you in? :smile: xx
Reply 5
Original post by rach_lizzie
So glad I'm not the only one that isn't a massive drinking fan! What halls are you in? :smile: xx

Haha yeah :biggrin: I'll PM you.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending