Turn on thread page Beta

Problem with nosey neighbours watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I'm going to start by explaining what has happened to me. I have received a letter from who we think is a neighbour but do not know who. This letter contained only a print out of the RSPCA website on cruelty to animals, no written letter or explanation. We have a Dog, who is very well looked after. She is taken for 2 one hour walks a day, well fed and loved. It is clear she is not abused or neglected. I am a trainee teacher and I am home all summer and half terms (15 weeks a year) my husband works shifts so is home up until dinner time. So she is only left for 5 hours a day. We have struggled training her to behave in the house, chewing furniture and when we bought a new build house we built a conservatory on it with a special roof which shades it, and keeps it cool even in summer months, as well as installing a fan and tiled floor. She is kept in this when we are out as she was only 4 months when we moved in and is now just over the year. If any one has a new build they will know how warm it gets in the house in summer, and we all go in the conservatory and join the dog to keep cool. We can have all the windows open as they are at the top and too small for our dog to get out of, when in the house they are large opening windows which she could escape from. We understand a neighbour may not realise the extent we have gone to ensure our dog is not too hot at any point, she is a Siberian husky so is extra furry! As I said earlier I am home in the summer so she is in the house with me and usually hoes back to the conservatory to cool down, but the door is always open. Im not upset that some one is concerned, as they probably don't realise it's a specially made conservatory. We weren't allowed to have an extension and only have a kitchen and lounger, so this room allows her space without getting told off each day for chewing the kitchen and wires! Do you think we should confront our neighbours... Well go around and see if any one does have concerns? I'm more upset that they haven't said any thing and just sent us a threat. I'm scared to go out as if I leave our dog they may go further. I am on my own with my son while the hubbies at work so I have to go out now and again. Any advice? Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt let it get to you or go to talk to anyone. If they do call the rspca then just tell them what you have written here. If you can show them that the conservatory is specially made then there should be no bother.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry. The RSPCA wont take your dog. They have very limited powers as they are a charity, so you don't even have to let them in if they come to your door. They'd probably just leave if you showed then the dog was healthy, and they defiantly would if you tell them what you told us.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your advice! We have just ignored the letter, but feel a little uncomfortable knowing people are watching us and our dog. We called the police to report it, and they have said if more letters come they will start an investigation for harassment. Doubt they would find the person, but at least we've got it on record. If the RSPCA do come I am confident they will have no problem. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    That's odd. I have nosey neighbours as well. I'd find my paychecks opened up, and she came upstairs to our half and said, " oh. I didn't think it was important."

:curious: *****, da ****? Really? You opened perforated paper that is clearly and specifically meant for me. -_-

I told myself if she does it again I'm gonna march down to her door and say if you touch my post again I'm gonna call the police.
    But then again OP says the letters are anon so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Man.bear.pig)
    That's odd. I have nosey neighbours as well. I'd find my paychecks opened up, and she came upstairs to our half and said, " oh. I didn't think it was important."

:curious: *****, da ****? Really? You opened perforated paper that is clearly and specifically meant for me. -_-

I told myself if she does it again I'm gonna march down to her door and say if you touch my post again I'm gonna call the police.
    But then again OP says the letters are anon so
    That's terrible! I would call the police about that if it keeps happening, it's illegal to open people's post! The letter is anonymous but the police said they can look into it... Like I said though it's not like they will find them! The only thing we could get from them investigating is police visiting our neighbours and subsequently scaring the perpetrator from continuing. No more letters have come....

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.