The Student Room Group

Failed at gcse.....a-level as a external candiadate?

So I got all grades Cs at gcse plus maybe a B for eng lit as I was 1 ums off a B. idk if I should take a-levels as a external candidate. Is it really confusing and pricey? My parents said they will pay if its not TOO expensive. but you get my drift...
Anyone want to shed some light on being a external candidate?
Reply 1
You haven't failed silly, you did good, find a decent 6th form and pick some Alevel subjects you have slight interest in. Call the 6th forms up and say if they will provide a space with someone with similar grades.

Whats all this external business i don't understand? Go out there pick a decent school, get to work, stretch and challenge yourself and you will surpass many of your former friends and your peers! Don't reflect on your gcse's only, work hard for your future, it is in your hands!
Reply 2
You'll be better off applying to any college and working hard over your A' level years than going it alone. There are plenty of decent 6th forms/colleges that will accept you with those grades. It is possible to learn the courses by yourself and do well in them, but given your GCSE results, you don't appear to have that sort of discipline or understanding yet- traits which 6th form/college teachers will help you develop. I'd strongly advise against it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
But in my mocks and pred grades they were all As/Bs idk what happened
Reply 4
Those grades can get you into most sixth forms! Don't be silly, you haven't failed .... Pick some subjects and a sixth form and start the long and tiresome journey which is a levels!

Quick Reply

Latest