The Student Room Group

I got 13 A*s AMA

Scroll to see replies

Congratulations on your results. I do find it strange that you were asked to prove it by uploading the proof..... clearly some people have issues/insecurities about their own grades. Anyway good luck with your future studies
Original post by student_1999
What I suggest is to make a revision timetable. Ideally you should cover each subject under half a week. This is achievable without being an anti-social zombie haha! Try finding the specification of your exams, and just follow it. This would really reduce the time spent revising pointless things. There's not much really to learn at GCSE, it just seam a lot because of lengthy revision guide. I manage to summarise each subject in a couple of pages of notes

What do u mean cover each subject in less than a week? Lol,that's a joke!:smug:
Original post by elurhmae
I meant for each subject. which exams boards?
Congrats btw

Maths - Edexcel
English Lang and Lit - AQA
Sci - Edexcel
ICT - Edexcel
Citizenship - Edexcel
Latin - WJEC
History - OCR
Geo - OCR
RS - AQA
Art - AQA
[QUOTE="Wordsaredeadly;58795799"]
What I suggest is to make a revision timetable. Ideally you should cover each subject under half a week. This is achievable without being an anti-social zombie haha! Try finding the specification of your exams, and just follow it. This would really reduce the time spent revising pointless things. There's not much really to learn at GCSE, it just seam a lot because of lengthy revision guide. I manage to summarise each subject in a couple of pages of notes

What do u mean cover each subject in less than a week? Lol,that's a joke!:smug:

haha well I managed to do that. There isn't actually much to learn. Just look at your subject's specification and youll believe me! :biggrin:
haha thank you! :biggrin:
Would you really count 'citizenship' though?
Original post by Revision Notes
Don't worry. I just did my A levels and got 4A*. The jump from GCSEs to AS is not very high (I understand they're changing the system haha). I actually found GCSEs easier than AS because I only did 5 subjects (that I enjoyed!!!) at AS as opposed to 11 at GCSE. A2 is definitely harder, especially for subjects like maths, further maths and chemistry.

Now I'm off to Trinity College, Cambridge for Economics haha. Looking back at my GCSEs, that was the turning point...more and more exams from then on :frown:
I've been lucky that I've never dropped a grade in any of my exams, even when I feel that an exam goes terribly.

omg what you're going to Cambridge!??? You're the first person who I have heard got straight A*'s at a level. I'm so happy for you!!! Now I know it's possible. Well done man!
Original post by deest2015
Congratulations on your results. I do find it strange that you were asked to prove it by uploading the proof..... clearly some people have issues/insecurities about their own grades. Anyway good luck with your future studies

Original post by Rhetorical Hips

still classed as a GCSE, still gives me credits, still an achievement (to me anyway) :smile:
What percentage is an A* and why did you do so many exams?
still classed as a GCSE, still gives me credits, still an achievement (to me anyway) :smile:

Regardless, your grades are very impressive. Congratulations!
Original post by Rhetorical Hips

There's always that one who tries to put another man down...

omg what you're going to Cambridge!??? You're the first person who I have heard got straight A*'s at a level. I'm so happy for you!!! Now I know it's possible. Well done man!

I asked for your revision tips for uni earlier :smile:
Looking at them, you'll go far kid...
I personally didn't do as much work as you. I left it quite late and only started revising in Easter (A2 exams are in June), but I didn't ever miss school and had a good memory of all my lessons. So that worked for me.

Something you missed out though were past papers. I did loads of them for A level. I did every paper from 2007-now twice. Past papers are extremely important when revising for A levels. Although I started revision quite late, I did around 10 hours worth of papers every day (with various breaks in between). Some call it cramming, but I call it HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training).

Well I can be the second but I got rejected by Cambridge. :colondollar:
To be honest I found A Levels nicer than GCSEs in a way...the exams are harder, the concepts are harder, but you're gonna be doing 4 rather than 14 and it's so much easier to remember the content as there isn't the same subject breadth and really there is going to be less to learn overall even if it is more in-depth. With your GCSEs straight A*s are very obtainable.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by rachaelbtf
What percentage is an A* and why did you do so many exams?

It depends on the grade boundaries each year. I just did it, I don't know why I did so many actually :smile:
Original post by Revision Notes
There's always that one who tries to put another man down...

I asked for your revision tips for uni earlier :smile:
Looking at them, you'll go far kid...
I personally didn't do as much work as you. I left it quite late and only started revising in Easter (A2 exams are in June), but I didn't ever miss school and had a good memory of all my lessons. So that worked for me.

Something you missed out though were past papers. I did loads of them for A level. I did every paper from 2007-now twice. Past papers are extremely important when revising for A levels. Although I started revision quite late, I did around 10 hours worth of papers every day (with various breaks in between). Some call it cramming, but I call it HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training).

Ahhh of course the infamous past papers!!! :biggrin:
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Well I can be the second but I got rejected by Cambridge. :colondollar:
To be honest I found A Levels nicer than GCSEs in a way...the exams are harder, the concepts are harder, but you're gonna be doing 4 rather than 14 and it's so much easier to remember the content as there isn't the same subject breadth and really there is going to be less to learn overall even if it is more in-depth. With your GCSEs straight A*s are very obtainable.

ah that's nice to here :tongue: sorry you got rejected at cambridge, what uni do you go then? :biggrin:
ah that's nice to here :tongue: sorry you got rejected at cambridge, what uni do you go then? :biggrin:

I'm not sorry tbh, I couldn't have handled the course (maths). I'm starting at Warwick in October. :smile:
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
I'm not sorry tbh, I couldn't have handled the course (maths). I'm starting at Warwick in October. :smile:

well done! Warwick is amazing, i've read about it! Have a good time there and good luck! :smile:
well done! Warwick is amazing, i've read about it! Have a good time there and good luck! :smile:

Thanks. :smile: PRSOM
Your results are incredible! Congratulations :biggrin: I'm so happy you got them, hard work really pays off. Do you consider yourself to have a very academic background and also when do you think a year 11 student should start revising? :smile: ( Sorry if this has already been asked)

Quick Reply

Latest