Original post by rajput05
Well we are on the same boat. Mind sharing your profile ? :tongue:

PMed:smile:
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 2321
Original post by d1993
Well, no news is more like bad news in this case.

But honestly, I feel for you. Since I've been told last week that the offers should start rolling (on 4th) and that I was nominated for the chess, I can't concentrate on anything. It's terrible and exhausting.

May I ask which course you have applied?
Reply 2322
Original post by ivevr
May I ask which course you have applied?

I got offer to do PhD in Sociology
Reply 2323
Original post by d1993
I got offer to do PhD in Sociology

Congrats!
Reply 2324
Original post by ejminihane
I am an overseas applicant. I received the Cambridge International Scholarship and heard last Wednesday.

Would you mind letting us know if it's for DPhil or MPhil?
Reply 2325
Do all unsuccessful applicants get an email from Gates international?

I was admitted to my course in 2014/15 but no Gates success and no email - couldn't attend in the end. This year, I have been admitted again, and recently received a 'not selected for interview' email from Gates. Wondering if this means anything? (hoping for higher ranking on other scholarships), or have they just changed their processes.

Any insight welcomed!
I applied for Mphil in Finance and I just receive a rejection email from Gates. My applications is under consideration by department .Does this rejection mean anything regarding my application result?
Original post by Pe94
Would you mind letting us know if it's for DPhil or MPhil?

DPhil in Biological Sciences
Hello everyone

I've received an offer for a PhD (Humanities subject) and had an AHRC funding interview a few weeks ago. However, since then I've been rejected by my two (big, old) college preferences. I therefore assume that I haven't secured any funding at all (AHRC, Faculty, VC, or C.Trust etc) because presumably colleges snap up funded students? Is anyone in a similar position?

JD x
Original post by JDPreston
Hello everyone

I've received an offer for a PhD (Humanities subject) and had an AHRC funding interview a few weeks ago. However, since then I've been rejected by my two (big, old) college preferences. I therefore assume that I haven't secured any funding at all (AHRC, Faculty, VC, or C.Trust etc) because presumably colleges snap up funded students? Is anyone in a similar position?

JD x

Not necessarily the case. I received an offer without a formal interview for my Phd in History, and received an offer of a place at my first choice college soon after. I applied for an AHRC studentship, but I haven't heard back since, not even for an interview, so I assume my application for that has been unsuccessful unfortunately. I did read somewhere in one of the Cambridge documents on the web that all AHRC doctoral applicants are nominated for other awards. Thus at the end of the day, I wouldn't the college rejections as any indications of you being rejected for funding.
Original post by lchara03
I applied for Mphil in Finance and I just receive a rejection email from Gates. My applications is under consideration by department .Does this rejection mean anything regarding my application result?

Me too. Is there anyone else?
Original post by ejminihane
I am an overseas applicant. I received the Cambridge International Scholarship and heard last Wednesday.

Congrats and thank you!
Original post by TFG2794
I also contacted the Gates office last Monday. What the lady said is pretty much the same as in @ejminihane's case. She told me that although I wasn't shorlisted for an interview with Gates committee, I should expect to receive something else as my ranking is high. Another week has passed, and yet I still haven't heard anything official yet :frown:

I also called the Gates office last Monday, and she told me the exact same thing - that I was ranked "very highly" and I should hear something soon (she specifically said by mid-March) from the Cambridge Trust. I'm starting to think the lady at the Gates office says the same thing to everybody...

Yet here we are... two weeks later, and still nothing - especially as the majority of the CISS awards have been allocated. :frown: It also seems that some of the partial Cambridge Trust Scholarships have already started rolling out.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2333
Has anyone heard back from PHD in law ? Had an interview a month ago and still stuck on'under consideration by degree committee'
Original post by Young Oldman
I had an interview the previous week (btw I kind of got offered the place but I was told to ask the administrator of the course, steps to follow, from which I have had no reply nor update at camsis)

In my interview I was practically asked nothing, they asked me how I was going to finance my studies, they also asked me what was that I was interested in doing research about but actually, the supervisor spoke most of the time. We spoke for 29 minutes of which, he spoke 27 easily, lol. He spoke about the difficulties that I would have doing certain research and why he suggested I should do something else instead.

I was also e-mailed to have another interview at other department but haven't have it yet. I was told I would be asked questions about technical knowledge, motivation and past relevant experience.

Huge congrats mate! Which research group are you looking to work with?
Do you know whether most interviews tend to be completely motivational? Now that you've mentioned it, I'm hoping mine will be similar too!
I got a placement at Hughes Hall (mature students only college). Anyone else with the same college placement? Or does anyone have any experience with mature-only colleges at Cambridge?
Original post by NewtoIB123
Huge congrats mate! Which research group are you looking to work with?
Do you know whether most interviews tend to be completely motivational? Now that you've mentioned it, I'm hoping mine will be similar too!

I applied to the superconductivity group man... I have another interview scheduled ahead at another research group.

I still have no update in my self service account.

and no, i don't know about interviews being in such a way, in my next interview i was told i would be asked questions related to my technical knowledge, motivation and past experience.
Hi guys,
Do we need to pay any deposit if we received an offer from Cambridge? If there is, when is the deadline? Thanks!
Thanks for sharing. Did you receive any email notification about not being invited for interview before you called her?

Original post by bobbypin
I also called the Gates office last Monday, and she told me the exact same thing - that I was ranked "very highly" and I should hear something soon (she specifically said by mid-March) from the Cambridge Trust. I'm starting to think the lady at the Gates office says the same thing to everybody...

Yet here we are... two weeks later, and still nothing - especially as the majority of the CISS awards have been allocated. :frown: It also seems that some of the partial Cambridge Trust Scholarships have already started rolling out.
Reply 2339
Original post by MChab
Has anyone heard from the Vice-Chancellor's Award? They told me they will begin to send letters this week, but I have not heard anything from them so far... Also, my department told me I have been shortlisted among the 250 students referred to on this page:
https://www.cambridgetrust.org/scholarships/v-c-awards-and-cambridge-international-scholarships/ supposedly the highest ranked students. But do you know if all of these 250 students indeed receive some funding as the webpage suggests or if it is not always the case..?

Home/EU despondent first time poster/long time stalker here who is anxiously waiting for funding news. Thought I was in with a chance as applied beginning November, got offer in 8 days of submitting final reference, and first choice college 5 days after that. Have heard nothing so far but see four people in my subject area have been given full CHESS/VC scholarships already... this does not look like good news to me. Thinking ahead here - has anyone deferred and got funding the second time round?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending