The Student Room Group

Cie english language 0522

Hi
On my GCSE results sheet it says I got a B for this exam and the only other figure on the sheet relating to this is 46 under the points heading. How do I know my raw score as I want to know if it is worth getting remarked . Also for the speaking and listening I had a teacher who is renowned for harsh marking - does anyone know if my speaking and listening would have been listened by anyone from the examining board and moderated , or do they just moderate a sample from each school?
Thank you
Original post by PLADW
Hi
On my GCSE results sheet it says I got a B for this exam and the only other figure on the sheet relating to this is 46 under the points heading. How do I know my raw score as I want to know if it is worth getting remarked . Also for the speaking and listening I had a teacher who is renowned for harsh marking - does anyone know if my speaking and listening would have been listened by anyone from the examining board and moderated , or do they just moderate a sample from each school?
Thank you

I was wondering if you knew where to get the grade boundraise for IGCSE IF SO do let me know
Reply 2
I can't find them anywhere . Was hoping someone may post a link, but the only links I've found are to past papers. :frown:
I have them! Some random English teacher saw my tweet about grade boundaries last night and sent them to me, but she says that in general they just marked exams and coursework A LOT more harshly than previous years :/
Component 4 = coursework
Component 5 = speaking and listening
Component 2 = exam
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by LanaDelReys
I have them! Some random English teacher saw my tweet about grade boundaries last night and sent them to me, but she says that in general they just marked exams and coursework A LOT more harshly than previous years :/
Component 4 = coursework
Component 2 = exam

Thanks a lot ! Very helpful
Component 4 = coursework
Component 2 = exam

Hey you know what does 40 points mean ? Like on the exam sheet it only gives us the points for english not rhe mark so . .
Original post by Suaad Mohamoud
Hey you know what does 40 points mean ? Like on the exam sheet it only gives us the points for english not rhe mark so . .

I think it's your UCAS points? Not your mark though, you need to go to your English department or exams officer for a full breakdown of your marks which is so frustrating
I think it's your UCAS points? Not your mark though, you need to go to your English department or exams officer for a full breakdown of your marks which is so frustrating

Your probably right thanks for ur help
Reply 8
Component 4 = coursework
Component 2 = exam

Thank you !
All I have though is B and 46 on my sheet though, so what does that mean?
Original post by PLADW
Thank you !
All I have though is B and 46 on my sheet though, so what does that mean?

they're UCAS points or points your school uses to order students by performance. you need to speak to your exams officer or english dept for a breakdown of your grades xxx

Quick Reply