Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I start uni at Winchester in a few weeks and I logged into the applicant portal to check if a timetable had been put up. I found one, but I'm not sure if its the official one for the students and some of the lectures and/or seminars overlap with each other. Does anyone know when we receive the official timetable? (I'm studying childhood youth and community studies)

ReputationRep:
    Last year we got access to a timetable fairly early on, but it was subject to change. This year the uni have changed the way they do the timetabling so it could very well be different. You'll most likely get a timetable at your welcome talk.

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay thank you that makes more sense.

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    Sorry to jump on an old thread, Winchester is my firm choice for Childhood, Youth and Community studies starting 2016. I'm a mature student (26) with two children and as part of my student finance application, they're asking for estimated childcare costs which is impossible without having a timetable! Could you give me a really rough idea of what your first years timetable was like? Just so I can at least send estimates. Both my children are at primary school so I'm hoping I'll be able to get away with breakfast clubs / after school clubs.
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I was in like 4 days a week (history)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm 25 with one child studying education studies!!
    I put in a full week. Already living in the area, I knew an idea of costs. Phone west downs nursery-childbase and ask if they have spaces for your children and ask an idea of the day's most uni parents bring their children in and how much it would cost. I believe they also do a sibling discount!

University open days

• University of Winchester
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.