Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey all, I was looking at the Oxford connect page and I couldn't help but notice that all medicine applicants that came with IB were rejected before interview. And they all had amazing scores: 39, 40, even 41.
    Do you think it's a coincidence (maybe those specific applicants messed up their bmat or had a horrible personal statement)? Or does Oxford just secretly not like IB?
    Any other Oxford medicine applicants with IB out there?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm doing IB and planning to apply there
    I haven't read oxford connect and it could be a possibility, however last year a man who does medical admissions from oxford came in to talk to us at school and he said to us that oxford actually really like IB candidates because they're so holistic and hard workers and encouraged me to apply.. I don't think he would have any reason to lie or make that up soooooo )))

ReputationRep:
    39 - 40 - 41 are not "amazing" scores. They are good, but that is it. Oxford doesn't want "good". They want amazing. Scores of 43-45 are probably what they are after, based on admission statistics.

Sauce: am IB student applying to Oxford, and so have studied all possible admissions statistics like my life depended on it.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.