The Student Room Group

Is it possible to do A level subjects if I didn't do it for GCSE level

For example, if I didn't do Business studies for GCSE, is it possible for me to do Economics. It may be possible, but will it be very difficult.

Thanks.
Original post by Gyazo
For example, if I didn't do Business studies for GCSE, is it possible for me to do Economics. It may be possible, but will it be very difficult.

Thanks.

yup. It is possible.
Original post by Gyazo

Thanks.

Of course, you just need to try slightly harder than people who have done the subject before so that you don't get left behind. Also it depends if your school requires certain grades for you to do the A level (e.g. you need a B in English and Maths to do Economics etc)
Original post by blitzchika
Of course, you just need to try slightly harder than people who have done the subject before so that you don't get left behind. Also it depends if your school requires certain grades for you to do the A level (e.g. you need a B in English and Maths to do Economics etc)

Blitz is right.

It all depends with your sixth form or college.

But ask your teachers to call the Head of the sixth form to ask if you could do it, if they think you'll be a hard-worker.
Original post by blitzchika

This, although trust me you'll be fine not having done Economics/Business studies :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest