The Student Room Group

SQA Results Service 2015 Candidates

Hello everyone!
I've created this thread for people who are getting a remark for their subject with the new appeals system...
So if you could post the following...
What subject are you getting a remark for?
What did you get and what were you hoping for?
How much were you away from the mark?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi there! I have applied for a remark in my higher French as I got an A in my prelim, 25/25 in speaking and got a B in the final exam (1.5-2 marks away from an A) so hopefully it will change as I was absolutely gutted. I thought the French exam was great and I was very confident with it, a lot of people who usually do well didn't score as well - perhaps it was quite harshly marked this year? Anyway I hope my mark changes! Do you think it will?
Sent a remark for cfe higher maths as I got 76 and 78 percent in my two prelims yet scored an abysmal 58% in the final exam, this ended up getting me a B and I was two marks away from an A (as an A was only 60% this year)
I'm getting a remark done for Higher Chemistry and Maths. I got a C for Chemistry and honestly thought I was gonna get an A considering I got a B in my prelim. I got a B for Maths and again I needed an A. I was gutted when my results came and I found out I was only 2 marks away from getting an A in Maths and three marks from getting a B in Chemistry.
I got a B in higher biology and was one mark away from an A yet my school won't let me get a remark because my predicted grade was a B and that's what I got. Is this the sqa's criteria or is it my school being difficult? Find it very unfair that I'm not given an opportunity to gain full potential just because I got my predicted grade, surely everyone is entitled to a remark no matter what their predicted grade!
Original post by Charlotte B
I got a B in higher biology and was one mark away from an A yet my school won't let me get a remark because my predicted grade was a B and that's what I got. Is this the sqa's criteria or is it my school being difficult? Find it very unfair that I'm not given an opportunity to gain full potential just because I got my predicted grade, surely everyone is entitled to a remark no matter what their predicted grade!

My school was being hard as-well since I "was predicted a low A and got a high B, which are close." I managed to convince my schools SQA coordinator though by getting the maths department to recommend I should get a re-mark. If that failed I was told to get my parents to phone in (which luckily I didn't have to do)

So get your parents to phone in...
Reply 6

One of the SQA's criteria for a re-mark is if you got below your predicted grade and since you've met your predicted grade, the school wouldn't give you a re-mark... they're really strict nowadays as they have to pay a 'fine' if your grade stays the same
Reply 7
I got 4A's( maths, physics, geography and admin and IT) and a D( english) in my school prelim which was superb. Unfortunately In my final exam I've performed badly only left with 2 A's in maths and physics. After getting 85% in geography and 97% in Admin and IT prelim I still didn't get an A in final exam. So Guys don't be too surprised about the marks and grades you got in the final exam because the same situation happens to mostly everyone.
Reply 8
However,I''am going to ask for a marking review for geography because I'm really concerned about this subject since it's my favourite.
Original post by kangaroo2
One of the SQA's criteria for a re-mark is if you got below your predicted grade and since you've met your predicted grade, the school wouldn't give you a re-mark... they're really strict nowadays as they have to pay a 'fine' if your grade stays the same

If you look on their website it doesn't have any criteria and states everyone who has completed the necessary components of the course can get a remark and it also says they changed the appeal system as that had criteria about predictions and results services doesn't
I'm getting a remark for the old higher Maths paper, I got a B and was only 2 marks off an A, however I was only predicted at a B so will they still remark my paper? I need an A for what I want to study at uni and don't want to resit especially knowing I was only 2 marks off :frown: frustrating
Original post by kangaroo2
Hello everyone!I've created this thread for people who are getting a remark for their subject with the new appeals system...So if you could post the following...What subject are you getting a remark for?What did you get and what were you hoping for?How much were you away from the mark?

Hi! I'm not completely sure yet so I don't know whether it is appropriate to answer to this post. I might be getting a remark for Physics (Higher) - my teacher said he will send a request but he didn't promise they would actually get it done.
I got a B and I was strongly hoping for an A, since that's the subject I want to study at Uni. Although I still was predicted a B, it was only because I ran out of time in the prelim. During my revision before the actual exam, I was achieving A's in all past papers (and under timed conditions) so it all seemed to go perfectly well. However, it was the first time my school chose for us to sit the New Higher in Physics and, unfortunately, I found it unusually hard. The worst part is that I was only 1 mark off an A. AND only 1 mark off full straight A's in all my five Highers.
What are the chances of a grade going down drastically to like a fail if you were 3 marks off a B?
Hi. I asked for a remark in Higher English. I got a C last year but I need a B to get into uni. This year I received a no award even though I had been working at a B the entire year. I am hoping to get this B. I have been informed that a remark has been done of my exam yet I am still waiting to hear what I got. Does anyone know how long it will take for the SQA to get back to me?
Reply 14
Original post by hannahr1997
Hi. I asked for a remark in Higher English. I got a C last year but I need a B to get into uni. This year I received a no award even though I had been working at a B the entire year. I am hoping to get this B. I have been informed that a remark has been done of my exam yet I am still waiting to hear what I got. Does anyone know how long it will take for the SQA to get back to me?

You will hear the result by 28th August
Reply 15
What are the chances of a grade going down drastically to like a fail if you were 3 marks off a B?

I would say that would be extremely unlikely.

You are far more likely to go up to a B than go down to a D or even a C4.
Original post by ROC10
I would say that would be extremely unlikely.

You are far more likely to go up to a B than go down to a D or even a C4.

Okay, thank you! I've put it in for a remark so fingers crossed!
Reply 17
Is it the end of September or August that we get our results after marking review?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 18
Priority marking (for uni applicants) is end of August and the rest are waiting till end September.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got my remarks back today as my school decided to put it through as a priority remark. My maths grade didn't change but I managed to get my chemistry grade bumped up to a B from a C. They must have made a pretty big error as I was apparently 3-5 marks away from a B and was bumped up an entire band.

Quick Reply