Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    My parents are splitting up, and my dad will be moving out just after I go back to uni, which means our household income will change drastically and I'll be eligible for more money. I've already got my loan all sorted, but when looking about how I could change what I receive, it says I'll need evidence for their separation, such as a solicitor's letter.

    They're currently sorting things out just between themselves, with the view to officially divorcing in a couple of years' time, and they really don't have the money to hire a solicitor - it's pretty amicable, so they don't feel like they really have to.

    How could I go about getting my amounts changed, and how would I get proper evidence for this? Will I also be able to change my loan amounts once the year's already begun?

    I know this is a lot of questions, so thanks in advance for any help!

University open days

  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.