Turn on thread page Beta

Is this discrimination by the immigrations officer? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey there

My uncle was planning for a family visit the UK, and as he isn't a UK citizen, he is applying for a VISA. However, he was rejected because he wasn't in what was described as a "viable financial position" to make the trip. The officer thought that he would come to the UK and stay here after the VISA expired. I am extremely frustrated because my uncle has enough money to make this trip several times over and ride the London Eye until he developed a fear of heights! He had a moderate amount of money left in his savings account, and this was why he was rejected. Therefore, I have to ask is this decision a fair one?

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

There's an awful lot of migrants who come the the (insert any country) on a visitors visa Nd then end up staying.

Immigration officers throughout the world will assess how much of a risk an individual is and one of the questions they ask is their financial situation.

Poll
Do you have a role model?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.