The Student Room Group
Reply 1
ruthiepoothie
My head is hurting, and underneath my right side of my jaw/neck is all swollen and it hurts....i want to go to bed but have to be in work :frown:
Do you think i should go to the doctor about my jaw/neck?
:confused:

maybe go the doctor if you have other symptoms, but it sounds a bit like you're glands are just swollen. Is you're throat sore?

Anyhow, take some paracetemol (sp) and get some rest... Trisha's still on! That'll make you feel better :biggrin:
rednirt
maybe go the doctor if you have other symptoms, but it sounds a bit like you're glands are just swollen. Is you're throat sore?

Anyhow, take some paracetemol (sp) and get some rest... Trisha's still on! That'll make you feel better :biggrin:

no my throat is fine- but its only on one side of my neck :confused:
Reply 3
ruthiepoothie
no my throat is fine- but its only on one side of my neck :confused:

hmmmm, curious... I'm no doctor, so i recommend you get propper advice. That is an odd predicament...
Reply 4
ruthiepoothie
My head is hurting, and underneath my right side of my jaw/neck is all swollen and it hurts....i want to go to bed but have to be in work :frown:

Just walk it off, you'll be fine

Please dont die tho or else Ill feel really bad :smile:
Reply 5
ruthiepoothie

if you can touch your chest with your neck and youre not photosensitive stay home, otherwise, go to the doctor.
Reply 6
ruthiepoothie

awww poor ruthie, thats a bit poothie
hey, def go to the dr, but if it isn't serious and you are in pain, can the dr give you a note to give to the exam boards (If you have exams in the near future) so they'll keep that in mind when marking your papers?
xx
Reply 8
sorry ruthie, don't mean to hijack your thread, but on a similar note...

I SPENT 7 HOURS IN HOSPITAL YESTERDAY!! :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

it was horrible :frown: one minute i was fine, the next i was on the ground, on the verge of unconsciousness, white as a sheet, in a cold sweat with shooting abdominal pains. I had to be rushed to the emergency room and spent seven hours undergoing blood tests etc. Woe is me! :frown:
news update- the right side of my throat now hurts when i swallow :frown:

boo hoo :frown:
Get youtself down to A&E!!! beeter to be safe than sorry-hope you feel better!
xx
Reply 11
ruthiepoothie

go see a doctor, you sure it aint servere hay fever or soemthin??
Reply 12
ruthiepoothie

Don't really want to offer any advice because i'm not qualified, but i hope you feel better soon my dear.
Reply 13
Don't to go to A&E they will tell you to p*ss off with a saw throat. However it sounds like you need to get it seen to, either phone NHS direct or go and see your GP.

Only if it gets much worse that your in severe pain or feel faint/very high temperature etc you should go to A&E. A&E is always very under resourced so they will not thank you unless its a real emergency.

I would go asnd see your GP tomorrow or if it gets much worse call out your doctor or visit A&E.

Latest

Trending

Trending