The Student Room Group

Applying to Study Law 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Amandajjackson
Where have you applied? Don't be worried, most unis don't start sending them out till November

Ok. Not long left then. This is like torture. I che k my emails when i wake up!! Bad! I know!!@

I applied to QMUL, UCL, Oxford, Warwick & Nottingham. ....

And u? :smile:
Original post by james3254
I have applied for King college out of those :smile:

Nice! What're you planning on studying? And where else are you applying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Theblockbuster
Nice! What're you planning on studying? And where else are you applying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Law :smile: also applied to UCL, Sheffield, Nottingham and Oxford.

What about you?
Original post by james3254
Law :smile: also applied to UCL, Sheffield, Nottingham and Oxford.

What about you?

I am also applying to study law :biggrin: haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Theblockbuster
Is there anyone who is applying for the following universities?
Kings college London
Liverpool
Lancaster
York
Exeter

Posted from TSR Mobile

York and Liverpool for me
Reply 425
Original post by db18
Hey! well done with the offer! Exeter looks pretty cool.if you don't mind me asking, what sort of grades have you got to get an offer of AAB?

Thanks! I got 5a*s, 8as at GCSE, AABC at AS and predicted A*A*A at A2 :smile:
Original post by Pythian
Ok. Not long left then. This is like torture. I che k my emails when i wake up!! Bad! I know!!@

I applied to QMUL, UCL, Oxford, Warwick & Nottingham. ....

And u? :smile:

Same I check them soooo often haha, I've applied to Oxford, York, Leeds, Reading and Liverpool
Reply 427
Original post by Aly69
3A* and 1A and got the offer for A*AA in any of the 3 subjects i take

QMUL have ridiculous grades for it's Law course.
Reply 428
I'll be applying for Law to KCL, UCL, QMUL, Durham, and Nottingham. Can someone tell me what my chances are at each of those universities? :/
IGCSES: 4A*s, 1A, 3B's, 1C
A levels (predicted, I'll be taking my AS alongside my A2. My school changed systems this year.): A*AAA (in Maths, Eng Lang, History, and Geo respectively).
I did my LNATS about two weeks ago. The MCQ went great! However, I stumbled with my essay. I only wrote 350 words...
Did anyone else get an email from Bristol this morning saying that they hadn't received your LNAT? I've taken mine, so I'm a little bit concerned that my other universities won't have received it either?
Original post by Hopeful---
Did anyone else get an email from Bristol this morning saying that they hadn't received your LNAT? I've taken mine, so I'm a little bit concerned that my other universities won't have received it either?

Oh my God I got the same email! I'm so worried as well! I've emailed all my other 2 LNAT universities (Oxford and Nottingham). With Bristol and Nottingham, I'm okay in terms of the deadline since I took the exam in September and the deadline is in December I think but Oxford's deadline was 20th October and now I'm worried that they hadn't received my score and would reject me. I did email them anyway and I'm hoping for the best :frown:
Original post by ranayounis
Oh my God I got the same email! I'm so worried as well! I've emailed all my other 2 LNAT universities (Oxford and Nottingham). With Bristol and Nottingham, I'm okay in terms of the deadline since I took the exam in September and the deadline is in December I think but Oxford's deadline was 20th October and now I'm worried that they hadn't received my score and would reject me. I did email them anyway and I'm hoping for the best :frown:

Phew it's not just me! I know I did mine early October! I applied to 4 LNAT universities, so I think I'll call UCAS on Monday. Can you let me know what Oxford reply?
I got the same email too from Bristol. Do you think we need to email our other LNAT unis and ask if they have our results, or will they get in touch with us if they can't find them? My other friends who have applied to bristol for law have also got this email
Original post by LoveToArgue
I got the same email too from Bristol. Do you think we need to email our other LNAT unis and ask if they have our results, or will they get in touch with us if they can't find them? My other friends who have applied to bristol for law have also got this email

Would it not be better to contact LNAT and the test centre to see what the problem is as it may not be the fault of the uni's

Posted from TSR Mobile
does anyone know someone who hasn't had the email? they could have just sent it out to all of us
Original post by LoveToArgue
does anyone know someone who hasn't had the email? they could have just sent it out to all of us

I didn't get the email.
Original post by HeisenbergWW
I didn't get the email.

ah ok, idk then
Reply 437
I'm applying for Law and am considering universities such as UCL, QMUL, Warwick, KCL and Durham (obviously not all of them, maybe just 2 or 3) but I'm not sure if I have a chance compared to some of the people on here.

My gcse's were 4A*, 3A and 3B's
AS: AABB - dropped one of the B's and the other was due to exceptional circumstances mentioned in my reference.
Predictions: A* A* A

Do I honestly have a chance? My predictions may be good but I feel as if my grades aren't up to the standards of these universities. Any advice?
Reply 438
I got the e-mail from Bristol. Just replied with my ID and date taken.
Original post by NOP97
I got the e-mail from Bristol. Just replied with my ID and date taken.

to the [email protected] address?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending