The Student Room Group

Applying to Study Law 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CJaneH
Congrats!! When did you send your UCAS off?

Thanks! 14th October

If you don't mind me asking, when did you do your LNAT and what did you get at AS :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cookiestarninja
ooooo may I ask how long it took York to respond to you? i'm not going to expect anything from Queen Mary until after Christmas (as by 4-week mark is on Christmas Eve), but I'd really like to hear from as many universities as possible by then!

Yes sure, York took 2 and a half weeks. Have you taken the LNAT out of interest?
Original post by Ruby17
Yes sure, York took 2 and a half weeks. Have you taken the LNAT out of interest?

i wish i did, because i'd love to apply to durham and/or KCL! :tongue: but in my case i had to focus on boosting my predicted grades to apply for law school (and i was terrified of the LNAT). you?
Reply 923
Original post by Velvetgh0st
Thanks! 14th October

If you don't mind me asking, when did you do your LNAT and what did you get at AS :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

I did my LNAT on 19th October and I got AABC at AS :smile:
Can't decide between Leicester and UEA! (Uea is an unconditional offer) Any advice?
i wish i did, because i'd love to apply to durham and/or KCL! :tongue: but in my case i had to focus on boosting my predicted grades to apply for law school (and i was terrified of the LNAT). you?

I applied to both Durham and KCL. KCL is my first choice, however i have to sit the LNAT for both for them (I find the LNAT itself pretty daunting too). What grades are you predicted if you don't mind me asking ?
Original post by Ruby17
I applied to both Durham and KCL. KCL is my first choice, however i have to sit the LNAT for both for them (I find the LNAT itself pretty daunting too). What grades are you predicted if you don't mind me asking ?

I take IB, so I'm predicted 38/45, with 6s for each of my higher level subjects - English Lit, History and Econ - AAA in A Levels I guess? Probably on the lower end of academic scoring here, so I really hope my personal statement, reference letter and extra-curriculars make up for it! Seeing that you're applying to Durham, KCL and QM, I'm sure your A2 grades are stellar!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by CJaneH
Got an offer from Nottingham! So happy, been offered AAA even though it's usually A*AA :smile:
What were ur AS and predictions? Congratulations btw!
Reply 928
Original post by HannaParker
What were ur AS and predictions? Congratulations btw!

Thanks! I got AABC at AS, and my predictions are A*A*A
Original post by nnurfaatihah
I have offers from QUB, Essex and UEA. Now having trouble deciding on my choices! Anything helpful anyone can share? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ive got an offer from Queens aswell its one of the top unis and law facultys in Ireland (former president of Ireland studied law there) and belfast is great craic and its actually quite a friendly city despite what orecent history suggests :biggrin:
Original post by Celticbhoy97
Ive got an offer from Queens aswell its one of the top unis and law facultys in Ireland (former president of Ireland studied law there) and belfast is great craic and its actually quite a friendly city despite what orecent history suggests :biggrin:

Congrats :smile: Ah I see, okay! Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 931
Original post by palakattu42
Can't decide between Leicester and UEA! (Uea is an unconditional offer) Any advice?

UEA
got an offer from Exeter!! still waiting on Queen Mary, SOAS and York; nervous, but very, very excited :biggrin:

@cookiestarninja :cookie:

We're excited tat you are interested in coming to SOAS! Come visit us in our 2016 SOAS Application Thread! You can say hi, ask questions, drop awesome emojis say hello to other SOAS hopefuls or pick each other brains. We have a lot of law students on our thread too! We'd love to hear from you and see what you're up too! Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

~Mike
Original post by palakattu42

Leicester makes more solicitors and UEA just seems like a nicer place.
how do you know it makes more solicitors?
Original post by nnurfaatihah
I have offers from QUB, Essex and UEA. Now having trouble deciding on my choices! Anything helpful anyone can share? :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello!I have finished my law degree at Essex and currently doing my masters here. High level of education, really good student life, great experiences and opportunities! Never regretted my choice! :smile::h:^Andriana
Reply 936
Are here any offer holders for KCL law course? Including prospective Dickson Poon Scholarsip receivers?
Original post by andriana16
Hello!I have finished my law degree at Essex and currently doing my masters here. High level of education, really good student life, great experiences and opportunities! Never regretted my choice! :smile::h:^Andriana

Hi! Sounds like a great place, thanks for the info! And how do international students like the course and the university as a whole? If I may ask :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 938
I sent my personal statement off yesterday but i seem to have got a different email from Nottingham, mine has "thank you for your application" and does not mention the LNAT unlike others? But it has given me a link to access my Nottingham portal, anyone else had this instead of the one talking about the LNAT and when they will reply.Should I be expecting another email?
I know it won't mean anything about my application but It seems odd they'd send out different emails to confirm they have your application
Reply 939
Original post by CJaneH
Got an offer from Nottingham! So happy, been offered AAA even though it's usually A*AA :smile:

congrats! on your offer. If you don't mind me asking what AS grades did you get and is there anything specific about yourself or your application as to why they gave you a reduced offer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending