The Student Room Group

Applying to Study Law 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ranayounis
Just thought I'd drop in here again :smile:

Has anyone heard back from Notts? I've applied over 3 months ago and nothing..

I've heard back from all my other ones. Rejected from Oxford but offered places at Warwick, Bristol and Exeter. Anyone similar?

So weird.. I've got one from Nottingham AAA in December but not Bristor or Warwick. Also an Oxford reject...
Reply 1081
Original post by liviward36
So weird.. I've got one from Nottingham AAA in December but not Bristor or Warwick. Also an Oxford reject...

Do you have any idea why Nottingham gave out an offer lower than their standard A*AA? I also received one with AAA
Original post by sop10
Do you have any idea why Nottingham gave out an offer lower than their standard A*AA? I also received one with AAA

They might have liked your personal statement/interview. When i was applying last year two unis went below standard offer after I had interviews, though the email from UCAS saying my offer had been changed absolutely terrified me as I thought that meant I'd been rejected.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good gcses for law at Oxford?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by seeunexttuesday
Offers from: LSE, Cambridge (Fitz) & Nottingham.

Still waiting on Durham/UCL. Applied in Oct, sat LNAT in early Nov but I don't think either received LNAT until end of Dec.

That's funny, I got an offer from Nottingham about 3 weeks after sitting the LNAT and have yet to hear even a peep from Durham yet. Best of luck though :~)

Congrats on LSE and Cambridge! How long ago did you receive an LSE offer ? (I'm still waiting), and what are your stats with regards GCSEs, ASs, and predictions if you don't mind me asking? 🙃
Reply 1085
Original post by PurplePixie96
They might have liked your personal statement/interview. When i was applying last year two unis went below standard offer after I had interviews, though the email from UCAS saying my offer had been changed absolutely terrified me as I thought that meant I'd been rejected.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would it also be because my predicted grades were only AAAA? (FYI, I actually have no idea what they are. My teachers told me they were classified information..). Although, I got an offer of A*AA from QMUL, so I guess my predicted grades should have at least one A*.
got a conditional offer from QMUL today !
Original post by omskinski
got a conditional offer from QMUL today !

Congratulations :smile:
offer from LSE today! 5/5 offers :biggrin: can't believe the waiting is over
Original post by LoveToArgue
offer from LSE today! 5/5 offers :biggrin: can't believe the waiting is over

Wow that's amazing! Can I ask what you got at gcse pleaseeee

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by oli19919
Wow that's amazing! Can I ask what you got at gcse pleaseeee

Posted from TSR Mobile

11A* 1A (pesky GCSE drama)
Original post by sebklaine
Update: unconditionals from Oxford, Nottingham, and Durham. Conditional from UCL. Rejected from LSE. Finally done!

Well done!! Are you Yasmin from new college at Oxford?
Original post by mitchriding
Congrats on LSE and Cambridge! How long ago did you receive an LSE offer ? (I'm still waiting), and what are your stats with regards GCSEs, ASs, and predictions if you don't mind me asking? 🙃

Thank you!

I received it the first week of Jan.

GCSE's were 6A*s, 3As & 1B
and I'm applying on a gap-year after A-Levels where I got A*A*A*.

Best of luck with LSE!
Original post by gemmabeth
Well done!! Are you Yasmin from new college at Oxford?

Yes! And you're Gemma, right? lol, so weird to see you again but over the internet!!
Original post by sop10

Original post by PurplePixie96
Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't had any interviews though?
Not sure, thought it might be something to do with the LNAT but then I think that's why I got rejected from Oxford and haven't got anything from Bristol yet so really no idea.
Original post by sop10
Would it also be because my predicted grades were only AAAA? (FYI, I actually have no idea what they are. My teachers told me they were classified information..). Although, I got an offer of A*AA from QMUL, so I guess my predicted grades should have at least one A*.

You don't necessarily need your predictions to be the offer, if your teachers say you have potential to achieve the offer grades then you can get offers, I was fairly below one of my choices and they accepted based on what my teachers said XD
QMUL offer just came in, happy to say I'll be in the UK next year!!!!
Original post by SebastianCanuck
QMUL offer just came in, happy to say I'll be in the UK next year!!!!

Congrats!! I got a notification from QMUL portal that they require additional information but it was a message saying that I'm put on hold.
When did you apply?
Original post by sebklaine
Yes! And you're Gemma, right? lol, so weird to see you again but over the internet!!

Yeah!! definitely hahaha, have you heard from any of the American unis?
Original post by Michlammm
Congrats!! I got a notification from QMUL portal that they require additional information but it was a message saying that I'm put on hold.
When did you apply?

Back in mid-october

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending