Turn on thread page Beta

F1 Grand Prix the final verdict?? watch

Announcements

F1 grand prix is boring, noisy, polluting the air, and a economically wastefull sport in every way and area.

it used to be good, but now it should be scrapped.

Rallying is much more like it, its more realistic and fun.

whos gonna sit on a sunday afternon, and see F1 cars wizzzing about for 2-3hours!.

Bonna starios!

ReputationRep:
    i am afraid i have to disagree my friend! i really enjoy f1, you cant match it for the sheer complexity of it. there are so many factors to keep up with in the race, i have a good old time with it!

ReputationRep:
    I love almost anything that involves an engine and a race, and watch Nascar, Cart, F1, Rally, Moto GP, Superbike, 250, 125, etc. I like the views and thrill of rally, but the sheer speed and perfect mechanical ability required for F1 is astonishing, and I know that if possible I'll be infront of a tele tommorow watching the GP.

Phil

ReputationRep:
    Originally posted by Examiner
    F1 grand prix is boring, noisy, polluting the air, and a economically wastefull sport in every way and area.

whos gonna sit on a sunday afternon, and see F1 cars wizzzing about for 2-3hours!.

Bonna starios!
    Obvisiously uncultured

Originally posted by Sir I. Newton
    Obvisiously uncultured
    Just because someone dislikes the sport or thinks otherwise about having the F1 Grand Prix doesn't mean that one is uncultured! Don't blatantly label.

S/he can certainly think that your love for Newton and mathematics is absolutely uncivilised and considers you more barbaric than anything else.

P.S. It's "obviously."

ReputationRep:
    now Nascar is boring, round and round and round and round and round and round............

ooh, theres a drop of rain, we've got to stop the race now....

ReputationRep:
    I quite enjoy nascar, I couldn't watch the whole race, but if you just watch the best moments, it's quite entertaining, though I can see why some would find it boring.

Phil

ReputationRep:
    Originally posted by Unregistered1
    S/he can certainly think that your love for Newton and mathematics is absolutely uncivilised and considers you more barbaric than anything else.
    ." [/B]
    I like to see new technology being invented, Formula 1 in the last 10 years as progressed more than any other sport and has invented new technology that creates more new jobs than any other sport in the world. I think a mathematician/physicist appreciates what developers and manufacturers have to contend with in order to produce such vehicles that withstand 4 - 5 lateral g-force, and to make a 3 litre engine travel upto 230mph, unlike rally cars which maybe do 120mph with bigger engines. I don't see how I could be described as uncivilized and barbaric because of mathematics, did the vikings have a love for mathematics? I can never recall starting a war or plundering and pilaging nearby towns and villages. Remember that without mathematics you wouldn't have a computer or the internet.

ReputationRep:
    Originally posted by Examiner

Bonna starios!
    I agree.

Then again I'm a girl. I'm suppose to

1. Sew
    2. Be seen not heard.
    3. Uphold the family honour
    4. Marry someone of a higher stats than me
    5. Stay at home as a homemaker, bringing up children and not working.

But can I say I hate all racing and sports (which men like)

ReputationRep:
    Good point,

Phil

ReputationRep:
    how many of those 5 do u plan on fufilling?!

ReputationRep:
    Just to clarify, on my previous point, I was refering to the post by Sir I Newton.

Phil

ReputationRep:
    I went to the F1 GP at Spa (Belgium) about 5 years ago, (Damon Hill finished 5th, after shooting off and having to go down the escape lane in order to get back on the circuit - Scumacher won).

To be honest, sitting there in the stands, you appriciate how fast they're going, but there was no thrills to be had until you see a pass, or a crash.

You still end up watching the videwalls, and might as well watch it from home.

Personally I grew to prefer British Touring Cars, more contact, and the wider nature of the cars meant that things got pretty close.
    Also, the events aren't expensive to get into, and they come pretty close to every part of the country - I live near enough to Donnington Park (45 minutes down the road), and have been Brands Hatch (Kent) to see it too (making a worthwhile weekend out of it by going over to France on the chunnel, to top up on wine).

PS: What for that total **** that walked down the middle of Hangar straight today! If there was any doubt over the future of the British GP at Silverstone, I think Ecclestone doesn't have too much more to take into consideration; the bloke in his protest at all the umming and arrring over its future has probably stopped it but putting the final nail in the coffin (ie poor security).

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mena, I couldn't believe it when that happened, otherwise, it was 1 of the best f1 races in a long time. I quite like BTC and DTM also, though haven;t followed it much this year.

Phil

ReputationRep:
    I didn't watch the GP live today, (had heard of the bloke walking down Hangar) and so am watching ITV1 highlights now.

DC losing his HEADREST ! I can't say I've ever seen anything quite like that before.

Could you imagine if Murray Walker (bless the old man), would have been commentating today ?! What would he have made of all the chaos.

I don't rate ITV coverage of F1, BBC was far better, obviously for the total lack of adverts.

ITV then went and took BTC from BBC, and what have they shown of it, nothing live at all ! On BBC we used to get Donnington, Silverstone, and Brands Hatch live, now we don't see any BTC at all - probably ITVs attempt to boost F1 ratings.

ReputationRep:
    yes i noticed the poor coverage today, they kept on showing the 1st kinda 5 secs of replays, but missing the good bit etc

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.