Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so I'll be going into third year next month, and my grades so far aren't the best they could be. I was going through depression most of last year and I finally feel much better but you need a lot of work together for third year, it's complicated, but I needed to of done alot over the summer for third year, but instead I was doing retakes and fixing the mess I made in second year.My problem is, I don't have that work together and I'm certain I'll get a poor mark in third year because of this, I only have a few weeks to do that work, and I'll need other peoples help with it, and I just don't think that's possible right now.I have 2 options,1 is to fail third year, and use the year to study hard and do alot of work needed for third year... failing third year = retaking third year? I'm not sure that's even something you can do, and I'm really worried you'd just completely fail Uni, or that slacking in general might get me kicked, or something like that.My second option, is to work, take the year out, BUT with that, I'm homeless, I'm living in a student place this year, and I'm thinking about the council tax, and I know my housemates won't want to pay that, and another thing is I only have 2 months worth of money to keep me going whilst I look for a job, get a job, get paid from the job. I would literally be homeless, unless a friend helps me but the whole thing would just be a really messy situation.So what do I do? What can I do?

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.