Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i've been trying to post a new thread, but get this message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 129 bytes) in /var/www/html/sites/uk-learning.net/includes/functions_search.php on line 197

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32 bytes) in /var/www/html/sites/uk-learning.net/includes/functions.php on line 467

:confused: can a mod/someone in the know help me out?

ReputationRep:
    you know that you could have done this in the form of a PM.

ReputationRep:
    hey i got that too, i noticed that for soem messages i get that error, dunno why.....seems like the words in the post title, try to change it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 129 bytes) in /var/www/html/sites/uk-learning.net/includes/functions_search.php on line 197

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32 bytes) in /var/www/html/sites/uk-learning.net/includes/functions.php on line 467

its something that will iron itself out apparently... its happened a few times. Maybe its instead of the Busy Server message -I mean its more interesting to read lol :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    you know that you could have done this in the form of a PM.
    i'm sorry.... no mods are online currently, and i was wondering if anyone else has had this before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    i'm sorry.... no mods are online currently, and i was wondering if anyone else has had this before.
    have you tried changing the title of the thread?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)

I kept getting that the other day, apparently it's something to do with the thread title being too long :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    I kept getting that the other day, apparently it's something to do with the thread title being too long :confused:
    hmm i'll try again, but the original thread title i had in mind was much shorter than this one...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    hmm i'll try again, but the original thread title i had in mind was much shorter than this one...
    it might be the wording of the title

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    it might be the wording of the title
    It's a memory problem on the server... it's happened to me before

There's nothing you can do except try again. I think it occurs when the server's too busy :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pixelfairy #1)
    It's a memory problem on the server... it's happened to me before

There's nothing you can do except try again. I think it occurs when the server's too busy :rolleyes:
    oh not for me, i tried to start a specific thread but it just wont let it...no matter how many times or when i try..but when i change the wording it lets it.:confused:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.