Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So basically I've just completed my GCSEs and have enrolled into college to take Chemistry, Biology, Maths and EITHER English literature or Philosophy. I can't decide which one to pick, but I got an A* in lit at GCSE and have never done philosophy before. I'd like to get into medicine at uni and I'm not sure which one will benefit me more. Does anyone have any advice?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Jaima_)
    So basically I've just completed my GCSEs and have enrolled into college to take Chemistry, Biology, Maths and EITHER English literature or Philosophy. I can't decide which one to pick, but I got an A* in lit at GCSE and have never done philosophy before. I'd like to get into medicine at uni and I'm not sure which one will benefit me more. Does anyone have any advice?
    Which one interests you the most? Which do you actually want to study?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestCat)
    Which one interests you the most? Which do you actually want to study?
    That's the problem, I'm not sure. I enjoy english and it's rather suprising even to myself that I'm considering it because I had an awful, uninspiring English teacher at GCSE but I'm still compelled. I know Philosophy will be very interesting and I'm interested in how others think and I'd like to be able to think in an analytical way. So basically I'm stumped!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Jaima_)
    That's the problem, I'm not sure. I enjoy english and it's rather suprising even to myself that I'm considering it because I had an awful, uninspiring English teacher at GCSE but I'm still compelled. I know Philosophy will be very interesting and I'm interested in how others think and I'd like to be able to think in an analytical way. So basically I'm stumped!
    Try not to put too much pressure on the decision. Either will be fine for Medicine with your other choices.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 21, 2015

University open days

• Staffordshire University
    Everything except: Midwifery, Operating Department Practice, Paramedic Undergraduate
    Sun, 21 Oct '18
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.