Comfirmed my A levels, but will they be too hard for me?

Watch
KingAuthor
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I've finally confirmed my A levels for: Psychology, Biology, Chemistry and Statistics

These are my GCSEs (Linked)

OCR GATEWAY Science CORE - B (Year 10 result)
OCR GATEWAY Science ADDITIONAL - A
Edexcel Mathematics A - B
English Language (they checked for psychology) - B

In the enrolment I met the teachers to do with the subject they looked at my results and seemed a bit like "yeah whatever" They did seem surprised that I over achieved on my target grade that were D's and E's but seemed just unimpressed as a whole.
My mother said that these A levels together would be a lot of work but I'm saying that people do biology, chemistry, maths and further maths and another A level together which is way, way, way more work.

I'm just asking would I be able to pass these A levels at C-A?

I enjoy science but I lack in mental maths. Does the A level Statistics require mental maths e.g. a exam paper with no calculator?
TheHopefulMedic
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by KingAuthor)
I've finally confirmed my A levels for: Psychology, Biology, Chemistry and Statistics

These are my GCSEs (Linked)

OCR GATEWAY Science CORE - B (Year 10 result)
OCR GATEWAY Science ADDITIONAL - A
Edexcel Mathematics A - B
English Language (they checked for psychology) - B

In the enrolment I met the teachers to do with the subject they looked at my results and seemed a bit like "yeah whatever" They did seem surprised that I over achieved on my target grade that were D's and E's but seemed just unimpressed as a whole.
My mother said that these A levels together would be a lot of work but I'm saying that people do biology, chemistry, maths and further maths and another A level together which is way, way, way more work.

I'm just asking would I be able to pass these A levels at C-A?

I enjoy science but I lack in mental maths. Does the A level Statistics require mental maths e.g. a exam paper with no calculator?
You can do ANYTHING you set your mind to. Say to yourself I want an A and get it! Keep on trying until you do Don't aim for a C because you could fail aim for an A and pass.
KingAuthor
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by TheHopefulMedic)
You can do ANYTHING you set your mind to. Say to yourself I want an A and get it! Keep on trying until you do Don't aim for a C because you could fail aim for an A and pass.
I haven't thought about it like that, thanks for the tip
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (12)
12.5%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (21)
21.88%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (43)
44.79%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (16)
16.67%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
4.17%

Watched Threads