Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I recently got my gcse grades and im not sure theyre good enough for medincine. I really want to become a doctor.
    So i have 4A's and 5bs
    Core Science- A
    Additional Science- A
    Further Additional science A
    RE-A
    Maths-B
    English lang-B
    English lit-B
    History-B
    Ict-B
    Please let me know what you think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elena2710)
    Take a look at this student room thread here which tells you all about medical school GCSE requirements and should tell you all you need to know: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...e-requirements

Just glancing at your grades (which are really good btw well done!), some medical schools such as Birmingham and Bristol will not accept you, however other schools (including Cambridge!) only require Cs in maths and english so you're all set there. Typically, medical students do have a large number of As and A*s, however GCSE results are only a small amount of the overall information unis will receive about you, so if you have a few wobbly grades they won't affect your application that much if the school likes you.

A levels are so much more important, so as long as you ace them, as well as do well in the bmat, interview etc... you'll be ready to go off and be a doctor! Good luck and don't worry.
    Thanks for the link. I feel a bit better and i just found out i can retake my couresework to get my english grades to an A

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.