Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This question may seem a bit desperate but I have to ask as my mum is worried about my future.
    From year 7 to 9 I was severely bullied, my mum tried yo commit suicide and so did my brother. My older brother and sister were both put into a mental hospital for some time. My brother was diagnosed with PTSD and my sister was diagnosed with bipoler. Halfway through year 10 my youngest sister made a suicide attempt and she was also put in to a mental hospital and she was in and out till the end of year 10. I had my English literature exam at the end of year 10 too. My younger sister was diagnosed with clinical depression. My younger sister and her friends would pick on me at my house everytime they came around. She would get drunk and became the main focus of my family to try to help her so I recieved no support with revision during year 11. Sge self harmed a lot too. I have had two doctors appointments in year 11 for depression and social anxiety and am now on herbal madication for the anxiety but the doctor told us on both appointments he would refer me to a mental health clinic but I was scared id miss too much school if I went to the councilling session's. Mind my spelling mistakes as its currently 5 in the morning and I haven't slept. I know its a longshot but my mum wants to try everything as I got a D in maths which was quite unexpected not to mention the teacher was a **** and wouldn't move me when I said I was being bullied. Honestly im fine with my results as I got into the course I wanted but just have to take gcse maths again. Its just for my mums piece of mind. She wants to know if I apply for special consideration?

ReputationRep:
    Worth a try, education is v important and to succeed you gotta do all you can x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah19989810)
    This question may seem a bit desperate but I have to ask as my mum is worried about my future.
    I'm very sorry about your problems but you may have misunderstood how the special consideration system works. It does not cover people who have a rubbish home life or bad health for years. What it does cover is a temporary problem (e.g. illness or flare up at the time of the exam, recent bereavement, critical illness in family) that prevents a candidate from displaying the knowledge that they HAVE acquired. It has to be applied for, exam by exam, just after they have happened and cannot be applied for after the results have come out. The most you can get is an extra 5% anyway.

It may be that a 6th form or university would lower your offer grades in recognition of the fact that you may have to overcome these issues,but you would have to ask them.

University open days

• Staffordshire University
    Everything except: Midwifery, Operating Department Practice, Paramedic Undergraduate
    Sun, 21 Oct '18
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.