The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by justbex
I'm thinking St. Andrews will be my first choice followed by Dundee. I think the which uni stats says Edinburgh is first in Scotland for economics followed by St. Andrews. Depends what you'd prefer((:

They're both so good. Different tables say different things so I find it rather confusing because that's what I have applied for (economics) but I'm starting to think that both universities are more so the same
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by theKTanator
Yaay! I'm from Malaga, yourself? I'll end up doing a lot of biochem too since that's basically what neuroscience is :tongue: Where else have you applied to? I don't want to big it up too much but I thought it was lovely, are you going to an open day?

I live in Coruña! I've got offers from Durham and Glasgow, and I have yet to hear from Edinburgh and St Andrews. You? Unfortunately I can't make it to the open day but I will be going to the Durham one next month so I'm going to visit St Andrews and Edinburgh while I'm there ☺️
Original post by agirdzius
Silence from Edinburgh and St Andrews for me too... Losing my mind checking Track every 10 minutes. (Applied to CS, btw)

I genuinely think I've developed a disorder as a result lol and cs? *pretends to know what that means*
Original post by bihter
They're both so good. Different tables say different things so I find it rather confusing because that's what I have applied for (economics) but I'm starting to think that both universities are more so the same

Have you been to open days for both of them? I went to see Edinburgh before I realised economics is what I want to study so I other than reading stuff online, I have no idea what it's like
Original post by Pauli14
I'm still waiting and I applied October 10th😔

Same!! I applied on October 11th!
Ahhhhhh - the suspense!:bawling:
Reply 785
Original post by justbex
Have you been to open days for both of them? I went to see Edinburgh before I realised economics is what I want to study so I other than reading stuff online, I have no idea what it's like

I have visited Edinburgh too but not St Andrews. I'm planning to go in March because I haven't seen the economics department for St Andrews or the actually campus itself. I've been reading online too for St Andrews but obviously everyone has their own opinion so I'm just going to go with which university gives me a better feeling
How did you like Edinburgh?
Original post by bihter
I have visited Edinburgh too but not St Andrews. I'm planning to go in March because I haven't seen the economics department for St Andrews or the actually campus itself. I've been reading online too for St Andrews but obviously everyone has their own opinion so I'm just going to go with which university gives me a better feeling
How did you like Edinburgh?

I found it very hard to get around as everything is spread out. I live in like a tiny village so I think that's why I'm kinda veering towards going to a smaller uni. I think I'm going to another St. Andrews open day as well, not sure what date tho
Reply 787
Original post by georgiapeach
Has anyone heard about maths yet? I'm a Scottish student and haven't heard anything yet

I got an unconditional offer on Thursday for mmaths with an option to go into second year if I get an A in maths plus another A.
Original post by eipi+1
I got an unconditional offer on Thursday for mmaths with an option to go into second year if I get an A in maths plus another A.

Are you Scottish? If so what did you get in your Highers? Well done though!!
Reply 789
Original post by justbex
I found it very hard to get around as everything is spread out. I live in like a tiny village so I think that's why I'm kinda veering towards going to a smaller uni. I think I'm going to another St. Andrews open day as well, not sure what date tho

Aw right, that makes sense tbf. All the best to you! I've always lived in big cities but I think I'd be able to adjust to a smaller village. Hope you like it!! I'm going on the 9th March
Reply 790
Original post by Uke_Kate
Are you Scottish? If so what did you get in your Highers? Well done though!!

Thanks! And yeah I'm Scottish and I got 5A's at higher. Have you also applied to maths?
Original post by eipi+1
Thanks! And yeah I'm Scottish and I got 5A's at higher. Have you also applied to maths?

Yeah, I got 4A's and a B and I'm really worried that's screwed my chances
Original post by bihter
Aw right, that makes sense tbf. All the best to you! I've always lived in big cities but I think I'd be able to adjust to a smaller village. Hope you like it!! I'm going on the 9th March

Same to you!! Hopefully see you in September!
Reply 793
Original post by Uke_Kate
Yeah, I got 4A's and a B and I'm really worried that's screwed my chances

According to this: http://university.which.co.uk/university-of-st-andrews-s36/mathematics-4-years-9000-g100-70456
75% of applicants receive offers so with the grades you got id be surprised if you did not get one but best of luck anyway.
I got an offer straight to second year chemistry. I don't have the best academic background this genuinely got me thinking the University considers all aspects. I only have 2A's at GCSEs and my AS I got ABBB n I retook my AS year which all doesn't sound great. But I have only been improving so they must have taken that in to account. Honestly was shocked.
Reply 795
Original post by justbex
Same to you!! Hopefully see you in September!

Thank you!! Hopefully we do see each other!!
Original post by bihter
Thank you!! Hopefully we do see each other!!

You'll need to let me know if you decide to go to St. Andrews!
Reply 797
Original post by justbex
You'll need to let me know if you decide to go to St. Andrews!

I will do, don't worry haha!! Have you got a conditional or an unconditional offer? I'm actually thinking I'll put st Andrews as my first choice but I'm going to decide once I've visited
Original post by bihter
I will do, don't worry haha!! Have you got a conditional or an unconditional offer? I'm actually thinking I'll put st Andrews as my first choice but I'm going to decide once I've visited

I got an unconditional, you? It is reallyy nice
What are the shops and restaurants like in St Andrews?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending