Turn on thread page Beta

What IB subjects should I take if I want to get into Oxbridge or the Ivies? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello.

I just took the IGCSEs and got 9A*s and 2 As. I did three mother tongue exams - German, English and French. I got As in German and French.

For the IB, so far I've picked:

- High Maths
    - High Economics
    - High History
    - High Biology
    - Standard German A
    - Standard English Lit

As you've probably noticed, this combination of IB subjects is extremely hard and demanding. Seeing as I'm not planning on pursuing German at university, I thought of perhaps switching Standard German A to High French B. The only problem with that is that throughout middle school and half of high school I've taken French mother tongue classes. I'm scared that Oxbridge and the Ivies might not be happy with me deciding to take High French B, even if it would mean that I would be taking 5 Higher Level subjects in the IB.

What should I do? Take the bilingual IB with German A? Or take High French B? Any help would be much appreciated!

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.