abigayle_aloud
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, I'm starting sixth form in September and I still need to pick my last subject but I'm really confused by the reforms. Are computing, maths and accounting reformed? I'm also really confused as to what it means for a subject to be reformed, how is a reformed subject different to an unreformed one? There just doesn't seem to be any information anywhere.
Thank you
peanutbutterjam
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
https://www.gov.uk/government/public...a-level-reform

Everything's linear and your AS grade won't count towards your A2 one. Maths is staying the same until Sept. 2017 though
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by abigayle_aloud)
Hi, I'm starting sixth form in September and I still need to pick my last subject but I'm really confused by the reforms. Are computing, maths and accounting reformed? I'm also really confused as to what it means for a subject to be reformed, how is a reformed subject different to an unreformed one? There just doesn't seem to be any information anywhere.
Thank you
Computer Science is reformed,Maths and Accounting aren't. In a re-formed subject you will take all the exams in the summer of Year 13. For subjects that have yet to change you will take AS levels in Year 12 (that make up 50% of the final A level), and can re-sit individual units along with your A2 units in Year 13.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (23)
13.94%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (45)
27.27%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (68)
41.21%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (24)
14.55%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
3.03%

Watched Threads