Turn on thread page Beta

WEBSITE page fader watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    ive designed a website and want to make each page fade into each other , ive seen this used on many sites but dunno how to do it maself, can some1 plz help me as much as they can or give me link which can.

thanx

ReputationRep:
    I think there is something like that here

www.lissaexplains.com

under the fun section. I maybe wrong back I'm sure I saw it there.

ReputationRep:
    Originally posted by FIK
    ive designed a website and want to make each page fade into each other , ive seen this used on many sites but dunno how to do it maself, can some1 plz help me as much as they can or give me link which can.

thanx
    You need to insert a certain META tag into the HEAD section of your HTML document. You insert one for the fade into and one for the fade out of the respective page.

The relevant META tags are summarised at http://www.gruhler.com/transitions.asp.

Bear in mind that a lot of people find these transitions very annoying as they slow down the page load process...

Regards,

ReputationRep:
    Originally posted by rahaydenuk
    Bear in mind that a lot of people find these transitions very annoying as they slow down the page load process...
    This is true.. it's like having too much Flash on your site.

ReputationRep:
    Originally posted by Nylex
    This is true.. it's like having too much Flash on your site.
    Ughh... I find Flash utterly repulsive. I've only ever seen it used well once or twice; most of the time it just makes you want to leave and give up on what you were trying to find out in the first place. What's most annoying are those sites, which insist on making their window full screen, before blasting some awful music out of your speakers and then taking about 5 minutes to load using some stupid star-trek-style progress monitor. Ughh!

ReputationRep:
    page fades are ok, as long as they are quick, its so annoying when you have to wait for the page to fade for about 10 secs!

ReputationRep:
    ***basically, fik wasnt happy about our comments? ollie***

ReputationRep:
    You may not have noticed, but I answered your original question earlier and the thread is now evolving as most do.

ReputationRep:
    Originally posted by FIK
    ***basically, fik wasnt happy about our comments? ollie***
    Nice one Ollie!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Nice edit Ollie, maybe as a suggestion get the mods to write the word "edit" on their post, or possibly do as I do on occasions use a tag to italic it, and change the colour.

I found my self having to double take their to make sure I understood that it was a moderated edit.

ReputationRep:
    yeah good point, i usually put it in stars or italics but ill try putting it in blue or something

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.