This discussion is closed.
FIK
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
ive designed a website and want to make each page fade into each other , ive seen this used on many sites but dunno how to do it maself, can some1 plz help me as much as they can or give me link which can.

thanx
AllergicToFairydust
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think there is something like that here

www.lissaexplains.com

under the fun section. I maybe wrong back I'm sure I saw it there.
Rich
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by FIK
ive designed a website and want to make each page fade into each other , ive seen this used on many sites but dunno how to do it maself, can some1 plz help me as much as they can or give me link which can.

thanx
You need to insert a certain META tag into the HEAD section of your HTML document. You insert one for the fade into and one for the fade out of the respective page.

The relevant META tags are summarised at http://www.gruhler.com/transitions.asp.

Bear in mind that a lot of people find these transitions very annoying as they slow down the page load process...

Regards,
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by rahaydenuk
Bear in mind that a lot of people find these transitions very annoying as they slow down the page load process...
This is true.. it's like having too much Flash on your site.
Rich
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Nylex
This is true.. it's like having too much Flash on your site.
Ughh... I find Flash utterly repulsive. I've only ever seen it used well once or twice; most of the time it just makes you want to leave and give up on what you were trying to find out in the first place. What's most annoying are those sites, which insist on making their window full screen, before blasting some awful music out of your speakers and then taking about 5 minutes to load using some stupid star-trek-style progress monitor. Ughh!
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
page fades are ok, as long as they are quick, its so annoying when you have to wait for the page to fade for about 10 secs!
FIK
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
***basically, fik wasnt happy about our comments? ollie***
Rich
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You may not have noticed, but I answered your original question earlier and the thread is now evolving as most do.
AllergicToFairydust
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by FIK
***basically, fik wasnt happy about our comments? ollie***
Nice one Ollie!
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Nice edit Ollie, maybe as a suggestion get the mods to write the word "edit" on their post, or possibly do as I do on occasions use a tag to italic it, and change the colour.

I found my self having to double take their to make sure I understood that it was a moderated edit.
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yeah good point, i usually put it in stars or italics but ill try putting it in blue or something
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (177)
46.34%
Take exams next summer (56)
14.66%
Change uni choice through clearing (90)
23.56%
Apply to uni next year instead (41)
10.73%
I'm not applying to university (18)
4.71%

Watched Threads