Physics: A
    English Literature: A
    Music: B
    Chemistry: B
    English Language: B
    Religious Studies: B
    French: C
    Edexcel Level 2 CiDA: B

I'm going to get a few things remarked, like chemistry was 1 mark off an A, French was 1 mark off a B and I think something has gone wrong with one of the music units. My teacher moderated it as an A* and the exam board have given it a C. This somehow doesn't seem right...

What I'm wondering is, if 2A*s, 3A's, 5B's and a C is what I get even after remarks (assuming nothing goes up), how will this affect the universities I could apply to in the future?

I should point out at this point that my school got a 49% A*-C inc. English and Maths, and I got the second best results on the school. Will universities compare my performance with the performance of others in my year?

I'm going to do Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Economics next year. I do Maths in the first year and Further maths in the second year. Therefore, I would be looking for an A* in maths (my new college has an extremely good maths department) an A in physics AS and a B/A in economics AS. In the second year, I'd be looking for an A in Further maths, an A in physics and a B in economics. These are the grades the college will be targeting me based on my GCSE results.

My end goal is to study Maths at university. Possibly maths with another subject such as economics or finance. Presuming I make the grade at A-level (something like A*AAB) which sort of universities would I be able to go to, taking GCSEs and A-levels into account. Am I looking at Liverpool/Leeds, or is somewhere such as Manchester/Bath/Bristol a realistic possibility?

Thanks for any help or thoughts anyone can give me on this.

ReputationRep:
    Good results to get you into a good college, be proud of yourself... Life should be enjoyed so lets not talk negative.

Now, study hard for A-levels and tbh universities won't give a damn about your good gcse's, especially when you got A* in Maths, c'mon dude be proud of yourself...

ReputationRep:
    They are good. Most Universities ask for above a B or B in English Language and Maths, which you have got. And you are all above C's, so it is really unlikely to affect Uni. Unless you want to get into Oxford, which requires 4 A*'s. However, you could push your luck with 2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda*)
    They are good. Most Universities ask for above a B or B in English Language and Maths, which you have got. And you are all above C's, so it is really unlikely to affect Uni. Unless you want to get into Oxford, which requires 4 A*'s. However, you could push your luck with 2.
    God no. Oxford has never been an option, or anything I've ever considered! So long as I can get into a respectable university, that's all I care about!

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.