A* French
    A German
    A Geography
    A Graphics
    A Business
    B Business
    B English Language
    B English Literature

Will any good universities want me and should I even dream of doing something like medicine?

P.S - I am taking Biology Chemistry Physics and Maths next year in A levels.

Thank You.

ReputationRep:
    x

Hello,

Firstly define "good" universities when considering medicine?

Besides that, your GCSE's are fine. Your sciences, English and maths should meet the minimum entry requirements for most universities even those with slightly higher grades (although Bath and Southampton BM5 may be out due to the B in English) However, policies change so don't worry about the tiny details until next year.

Don't stress. Right now focus on good AS grades, work experience and volunteering. This is what can trip applicants up if year 12 is not used to your advantage. When the time comes BMAT and UKCAT will also be big deciding factors as to what schools you can apply for.

This is only because admissions vary so much between universities its all about applying to your strengths.

Good luck and hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesome27)
    Hi I done my GCSEs this year and I achieved the following:

A* Maths
    A* Biology
    A* Physics
    A* Chemistry
    A* French
    A German
    A Geography
    A Graphics
    A Business
    B Business
    B English Language
    B English Literature

Will any good universities want me and should I even dream of doing something like medicine?

Thank You.
    Hello,Well done on the brillant GCSE grades and getting through a hard slog Firstly define "good" universities when considering medicine?Besides that, your GCSE's are fine. Your sciences, English and maths should meet the minimum entry requirements for most universities even those with slightly higher grades (although Bath and Southampton BM5 may be out due to the B in English) However, policies change so don't worry about the tiny details until next year.Don't stress. Right now focus on good AS grades, work experience and volunteering. This is what can trip applicants up if year 12 is not used to your advantage. When the time comes BMAT and UKCAT will also be big deciding factors as to what schools you can apply for.This is only because admissions vary so much between universities its all about applying to your strengths.Good luck and hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    Yes they will. Make sure you ace your A-Levels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesome27)
    Hi I done my GCSEs this year and I achieved the following:

A* Maths
    A* Biology
    A* Physics
    A* Chemistry
    A* French
    A German
    A Geography
    A Graphics
    A Business
    B Business
    B English Language
    B English Literature

Thank You.
    Yes that's a fine set of results, congrats. Lots of med schools would consider you, but it would be a good idea to avoid the ones which use GCSEs heavily when picking interview candidates e.g. Oxford, Cardiff, etc. More info here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...E_Requirements

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...your_Strengths

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys, I will be sure to Ace any UKCAT or BMAT or As Level exams! Are there any Gcse requirements for russell groups but not doing medicine?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 22, 2015

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.