Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    My GCSE's aren't that amazing because I moved school in April during year 10. My teacher's weren't that good and I didn't manage to get good coursework grades but I did get good exam results. Sadly my coursework dragged most of my grades down. I don't want to go to Oxbridge or anything like that but I was thinking about studying radiography or becoming a primary school teacher. Will my GCSE results affect this?
    Health & Social care (Double award): AB
    Maths: B
    Science: B
    Additional science: B
    English language: C
    English literature: C
    Art: C
    Food: D
    ICT: Merit

    Normally, when applying to uni courses they prioritise your A level grades, unless you're applying for a very competitive course like medicine. I would also say that your results are good enough, if you just work hard in ur A levels and continue to do as well you may get a place in uni. I would also advice that you do work placements in hospitals or primary schools to gain experience in addition to this so it would be more appealing to universities.

University open days

  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....
Useful resources

Study tools


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.


Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.


Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.


Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.