The Student Room Group

Messaging potential housemates through Facebook?

Hey,
So I've got my place and I've found some people that I may potentially be in the same halls with, so I am trying to message them and get to know them a bit... do some people see this as weird?
Original post by Dark-Knight1
Hey,
So I've got my place and I've found some people that I may potentially be in the same halls with, so I am trying to message them and get to know them a bit... do some people see this as weird?

If you explain you be their flatmate I don't think that's weird at all:smile:
Hey,

Not at all - it'll make the 'moving in' process a lot easier if you're familiar with a few people beforehand. :smile:
its fine, ive done it with people in my halls and we have a group chat going, always easier if you know some basic information about someone before hand.
It happens all the time so it's definitely not weird!
cool, thanks guys. Yeah we have a hall group chat and I am messaging just a few of them directly
Nope, me and my 6 flatmates have a group chat going on Facebook. I think it's nice to get to know people a tad before meeting them, will certainly make things less awkward when it comes to moving in anyway. :smile:
Hey,

Not at all, that's how the majority of people meet people at university these days. When starting university I spoke to a lot of hall mates and other students on Facebook. I don't see why you would think it is weird?
This is the society we live in now. Social media is a form of communication.

Quick Reply

Latest