Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    The universities seem to ask for Btec extended diploma. I can't get the difference the national diploma and extended diploma in btec? also could you please tell me if this is national or extended diploma? http://www.derby-college.ac.uk/index...ence&ItemId=53

    The extended Diploma is worth the equivalent of three A-Level, a national diploma is worth "credits". Additionally, the extended diploma consists of more unit's (18 I believe), the national diploma will cover much less than this as it is only worth 90 credits (usually maybe 7 or 8). Most universities will usually list what qualifications they accept and what grades/points/credits they expect a learner to have achieved. Looking at the page, the course is listed as a BTEC National Diploma, but just to be sure maybe it is worth calling the college to double check what the course is?

    Have you considered the BTEC Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care? This may be better suited for Nursing as most unit's are directly related to Nursing and other health care professions.

University open days

  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.