Can I still do medicine at Oxbridge with these Grades Watch

ChiefKwen
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey tsr, I got 6A*'s 3A's and 1B
my school is sending back the English language grade as a majority of people got the same grade (B).

I really want to study medicine at either Oxbridge, UCL, imperial, KCL, or York.
My question is when I bump up the B to an A or A* will I have a good chance of studying medicine at any of these institutions.

Thanks for your time tsr
kendo9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ChiefKwen)
Hey tsr, I got 6A*'s 3A's and 1B
my school is sending back the English language grade as a majority of people got the same grade (B).

I really want to study medicine at either Oxbridge, UCL, imperial, KCL, or York.
My question is when I bump up the B to an A or A* will I have a good chance of studying medicine at any of these institutions.

Thanks for your time tsr
Ofcourse. Although, at oxford, they look at gcse results and BMATs to decide who gets an interview, as a consequence, the average successful medicall applicant at oxford has 10/11 A*s. Having said that, a good BMAT will surely get you an interview. For Cambridge, A level UMS is more important to them, meaning if you want to go there you'll need a high UMS at a level to get an interview. Since you cant apply to oxford and cambridge, wait until you get you AS results to choose between to two. If you have a high ums, then go for cambridge as your gcse's wont hinder you much.
In terms of the other universities, you're fine. Just get good a level results, since your gcse's are already decent
ChiefKwen
Rep:
?
(Original post by kennethdcharles)
*Helpful informative stuff*
Thanks for the info repped
ChiefKwen
Rep:
?
(Original post by natalia.medicine)
Hey everyone!
Do you think 7 A*s and 3 As are good enough for medicine?
Also I have heard that Cambridge pays more attention to the UMS grades of the AS exams than to GCSEs but I am doing IB. Are these equivalent to my results in the Year 12 exams?
Thanks in advance! smile emoticon

you have posted this 4 times now read the 2nd post
Aleveltimes
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Medicine isn't as black and white as just studying at Oxbridge. Each medical school has a different approach to learning and when you start to look into them more, you might realise that Oxbridge or UCL really isn't your style of learning.

I'd agree that your grades are good enough for anywhere really, but for most medical schools, everyone has similar grades, you just need to find something to make yourself stand out!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (759)
90.57%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (79)
9.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed