The Student Room Group

Louise Mensch is so stupid. Plan to smear Corbyn backfires.

Her attempt to smear Corbyn backfires hysterically and proves that maybe she should step away from twitter.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/aug/22/louise-menschs-bid-to-smear-jeremy-corbyn-backfires

The former Tory MP Louise Mensch came unstuck on Friday night when a series of apparently antisemitic suggested Twitter searches that she said were indicative of abuse from Jeremy Corbyn supporters turned out to be a record of her own search history.The author tweeted a picture of a Twitter search bar, into which she had typed the handle of Liz Kendall’s Labour leadership campaign account @lizforleader. Referring to the options that then appeared underneath, she wrote: “Twitter’s autocomplete on Liz Kendall MP. This is the sewer that is Jeremy Corbyn’s support.”But it was soon pointed out to her that they weren’t suggested searches they were Mensch’s own search history.Mensch later admitted her error and faced ridicule by people who mocked up their own versions of search histories attacking Mensch.Each of the search terms in Mensch’s history related to Judaism, Israel or Nazism in an apparent reference to claims of antisemitic abuse sent by people claiming to be Corbyn supporters. The Labour leadership frontrunner has faced questions about his own links to Holocaust deniers. And he has called on his supporters not to send abuse to his leadership rivals.

Scroll to see replies

Let's all get Jeremy Corbyn voted in as leader of the Labour Party.

For the sake of the British electro rate we need to make sure that labour never get voted in again and Corbyns the man to make that happen.

Vote Corbyn to keep labour a weak opposition party.
Corbyn is absolute boss, shows how politics is run by the rich.

Media, Corporations, Government all one party!
Labour is imploding
Source: The Guardian.

That aside, she is correct that Corbyn supporters have been throwing around a lot of anti-Semitic poison recently. Mensch's error, bone-headed as it was, while attempting to expose this does not make it any less true. The fact that you are implying this, OP, makes you look like just as much of a retard as she is quite frankly.
Original post by MatureStudent36
Let's all get Jeremy Corbyn voted in as leader of the Labour Party.

For the sake of the British electro rate we need to make sure that labour never get voted in again and Corbyns the man to make that happen.

Vote Corbyn to keep labour a weak opposition party.

And you claim not to be a conservative supporter
You have come on to a thread, not even remotely addressed the point of the thread and instead used it as a chance to show off your tribal nature.

Why not address the point about Louise Mensch?

I look forward to your oh so predictable response.
(edited 8 years ago)
She does make up for it by being sexy as ****
Original post by KimKallstrom
Source: The Guardian.

That aside, she is correct that Corbyn supporters have been throwing around a lot of anti-Semitic poison recently. Mensch's error, bone-headed as it was, while attempting to expose this does not make it any less true. The fact that you are implying this, OP, makes you look like just as much of a retard as she is quite frankly.

The source is twitter- not the Guardian - what a pathetic response of you just to dismiss it without reading it - Guardian reporting it does not make them the 'source'.

Do you think it's okay for an ex-tory MP to searcha laod of anti-semitic pages and then try and frame Corbyn and his supporters?

And 'Corby supporters throwing round anti-semitism'?
Oh stop with your victim mentality - at most they've been pro=palestinian which is in no way anti-semitic.
You can't accept genuine criticism of Israel so you just shout it all down as anti-semitism.
Original post by KimKallstrom
That aside, she is correct that Corbyn supporters have been throwing around a lot of anti-Semitic poison recently.

a) such as?
b) in what way would it be Corbyn's fault?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ToadHallToad
She does make up for it by being sexy as ****

A chick lit novelist who once took class A drugs, and deserted her position as a Tory MP.

Totally impartial as to who becomes Labour leader- not!
Original post by Bornblue
And you claim not to be a conservative supporter
You have come on to a thread, not even remotely addressed the point of thre thrad and instead used it as a chance to show off your tribal nature.

Why not address the point about Louise Mensch?

I look forward to your oh so predictable response.

I have no idea or care what Mensch has said.

I do however know that Corbyn is advocating dangerous policies that the electorate have turned their back on.

My biggest concern is that with Corbyn as leader we will have an ineffective opposition party to counter the elected government.

I find it amazing that most of Corbyns supporters want him in power to get them out of paying tuition fees. He's trying to buy votes.

I do however know that Corbyn is advocating dangerous policies that the electorate have turned their back on.

My biggest concern is that with Corbyn as leader we will have an ineffective opposition party to counter the elected government.

I find it amazing that most of Corbyns supporters want him in power to get them out of paying tuition fees. He's trying to buy votes.

This thread is about what Louise Mensch said - stop changing subject. Why on earth would you comment on a thread to declare you don't care about the effign subject of the thread in the first place? There are plenty of threads about what Corbyn would do to the Labour party- this one is about Louise Mensch. Of course you don't care - because it's a tory. Were it a Labour MP/ associate you'd be all over it.

Now tell me please do you think it's acceptable for Louise Mensch to search on her account for anti-semitic articles and posts and then try to frame Corbyn and his supporters?
Just that question will do - please stop changing subject
(edited 8 years ago)
Except a cursory look at twitter and of course corroboration from other Labour MP's,. shows that Corbyn supporters are spewing anti-semitism all over the place.

A performer at the Edinburgh Fringe was referred to the Police for anti-semitism.

Guess which politician she supports?

Hardly surprising when Corbyn put his name to a suggested inquiry about "Jewish influence" - suggested by racists and endorsed by Corbyn.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 13

Why do we need an effective opposition party to counter elected government if they are doing the right thing for the country? :confused:
Funny how no Tories seem to have condemned this...
Original post by Errm2
Why do we need an effective opposition party to counter elected government if they are doing the right thing for the country? :confused:

It's parts of the checks and balances of a democracy. Even the political party that hasn't been voted into power can question and hold the government to account in parliament. Just look at how the SNP operate with no effective opposition at Holyrood at the moment. Their MSPs do as they're told by the party.
Original post by Bornblue
Funny how no Tories seem to have condemned this...

Most Tories would be happy to see Corbyn in power.

This is a power struggle within the Labour Party. The moderates trying there the extremists out by any means necessary.

People like mensch realise that damage Corbyn will create. It's the same power struggle between extreme left and centre left that made labour unelectable in the 80s and will make them unelected am in 2020.
Reply 17
It's parts of the checks and balances of a democracy. Even the political party that hasn't been voted into power can question and hold the government to account in parliament. Just look at how the SNP operate with no effective opposition at Holyrood at the moment. Their MSPs do as they're told by the party.

And that's Labour's fault how?
As a Messianic Jew I get anti-antisemitism thrown at me all the time and 9 times out of 10 it is from ignorant Right Wing idiots.

1st off a Messianic Jew is a type of Christian that is an adopted wing of Judaism and is very close to the early Christian Church.
A simple Google search would reveal this but the amount of accusations I get is unreal. Now imagine how bad it is for actual Hasdic Jews?

What is happening here is the Murdoch media machine is making Corbyn out to be a anti-semite to put fear into not just the Jews of the UK but their allies as well such as Christians, Catholics and Pro-Zionists.

I won't beat around the bush. I'm a Zionist and not ashamed but I would say to my Brothers, Sisters and Friends that Corbyn isn't a threat to us. The biggest threat we have are those who are trying to manipulate us. Let us not forget that Britain opened up its doors to the Jews and other persecuted minorities during WW2 yet this same right-wing media is persecuting Immigrants and vulnerable people today. It could only be a matter of time until Jews are targeted again by the same right-wing media.
Original post by Errm2
And that's Labour's fault how?

It isn't labours fault...other than implementing poorly thought out devolution legislation in the late 90s.

Merely highlighting the fact that Corbyn wil make labour unelectable and make Micheal Foot come across as a successful labour leader.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending