Turn on thread page Beta

Present for someone commuting to uni watch

ReputationRep:
    So when I started at uni last year my friend got me a lovely box with lots of things in - doorstop, wine, chocolates, alarm clock, scented diffuser, ornament etc.
    He is going to uni this year but is commuting. I obviously want to get him a present but am struggling to come up with ideas! He won't need anything for accommodation and things like pretty stationery are out of the question as he is a guy! Any suggestions? He is studying music.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A music themed pass holder for his bus/train pass??? Idk really just a suggestion

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Cross word book, amusing commuting guide (if they exist), rail pass holder (if he's getting the train), coffee flask, a music key ring, music chart note pad (for composing ), a picture of the two of you on a key ring, a lunch box/snack holder, good water bottle that won't leak
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Rosewater)
    So when I started at uni last year my friend got me a lovely box with lots of things in - doorstop, wine, chocolates, alarm clock, scented diffuser, ornament etc.
    He is going to uni this year but is commuting. I obviously want to get him a present but am struggling to come up with ideas! He won't need anything for accommodation and things like pretty stationery are out of the question as he is a guy! Any suggestions? He is studying music.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Maybe a picture of the two of you together, an inspirational note/memo/letter if you can think of stuff to write, maybe a poster of something he likes, a cactus.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys - got him a music lined notepad, music shaped paper clips, mug with a lid, folder and going to get a personalised thorntons chocolate bar with his name on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.