Turn on thread page Beta

Accidentally went through red light help watch

ReputationRep:
    I was driving and got distracted for a second and suddenly noticed I went past the white line on a red light. I slammed on the breaks but was past the white line but did not proceed any further until it was green. It was a junction and I did not get to the crossing junction. Will I get a ticket? As I am worried I have never sped before and passed my test in May (UK). I did not see any obvious cameras since I always notice them when I drive e.g. the yellow boxes etc but the traffic lights must have had those senors on the top and I think it could have had a CCTV camera on top of it. Not sure if it was a a red light camera. I don t think I saw any flashes too. I am worried because if this is true and I do get a ticket this could ruin my chances of becoming a police officer and I also am starting my policing course at uni this September.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dejomony)
    I was driving and got distracted for a second and suddenly noticed I went past the white line on a red light. I slammed on the breaks but was past the white line but did not proceed any further until it was green. It was a junction and I did not get to the crossing junction. Will I get a ticket? As I am worried I have never sped before and passed my test in May (UK). I did not see any obvious cameras since I always notice them when I drive e.g. the yellow boxes etc but the traffic lights must have had those senors on the top and I think it could have had a CCTV camera on top of it. Not sure if it was a a red light camera. I don t think I saw any flashes too. I am worried because if this is true and I do get a ticket this could ruin my chances of becoming a police officer and I also am starting my policing course at uni this September.
    well either way i think you have 6 penalty pts quota till your license is suspended if you've only been driving for 2 yrs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dejomony)
    If you meet the criteria you will be offered a National Driver Offender Retraining Scheme (NDORS). The NDORS for running a red light is a What’s Driving Us course, to be eligible you need to meet these criteria: Time into red does not exceed 3 seconds.

An admission to being the driver of the vehicle to be received by the police within 42 days from the date of the offence.

You can only attend & complete one what’s driving us course in any 3 year period from the date of the offence. You will not be offered a course if you are in the process of booking or attending another what’s driving us course nationally.

http://www.theaa.com/aadrivetech/dri...riving-us.html

http://www.nottspeed.com/CMS_content...AQRedLight.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IamLiquid)
    If you meet the criteria you will be offered a National Driver Offender Retraining Scheme (NDORS). The NDORS for running a red light is a What’s Driving Us course, to be eligible you need to meet these criteria: Time into red does not exceed 3 seconds.

An admission to being the driver of the vehicle to be received by the police within 42 days from the date of the offence.

You can only attend & complete one what’s driving us course in any 3 year period from the date of the offence. You will not be offered a course if you are in the process of booking or attending another what’s driving us course nationally.

http://www.theaa.com/aadrivetech/dri...riving-us.html

http://www.nottspeed.com/CMS_content...AQRedLight.pdf
    That is really confusing I went through a red light and stopped past the white line after noticing .

ReputationRep:
    http://imgur.com/0ssOi2n

This could have been the junction only 50% sure these are the cameras which are on them are they red light cameras?

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.