The Student Room Group

How to cure hypelordosis

Would like workouts and how to position my daily posture to solve anterior pelvic tilt.

Would like advice from people who have done it and fixed ATP.

I would like exercises without weights or a foam roller.

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The1AndOnly1
Would like workouts and how to position my daily posture to solve anterior pelvic tilt.

Would like advice from people who have done it and fixed ATP.

I would like exercises without weights or a foam roller.

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had (and still have a bit of) APT. The most useful thing to do is to focus on standing up properly, as opposed to sticking your butt out like you're a stripper. A basic lunge stretch helps too - especially if you then move onto the couch stretch (Google it).

No fancy workouts are needed.
Original post by Smack
I had (and still have a bit of) APT. The most useful thing to do is to focus on standing up properly, as opposed to sticking your butt out like you're a stripper. A basic lunge stretch helps too - especially if you then move onto the couch stretch (Google it).

No fancy workouts are needed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

And how am I supposed to stand properly? Because I am told to walk differently then I am have a different standing posture
Posted from TSR Mobile

And how am I supposed to stand properly? Because I am told to walk differently then I am have a different standing posture

You stand properly ... by doing it. Make a concious effort not to hyperextend your low back. If you can't do this then you can't fix hyperlordosis.
Original post by Smack
You stand properly ... by doing it. Make a concious effort not to hyperextend your low back. If you can't do this then you can't fix hyperlordosis.

Got an image?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's loads of information about this on the internet. The difficulty isn't in finding it, but rather putting it into practice and not regressing into old habits.
Original post by Smack
There's loads of information about this on the internet. The difficulty isn't in finding it, but rather putting it into practice and not regressing into old habits.

I can't find images or tips on how to stand properly

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest