Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello,
So I did my AS exams this year, and I recieved AABD
Psychology: A Chemistry: D
Geography: A Biology: B

I really really want to study neuroscience at uni, and eventually become a neurosurgeon or a neurologist, which is more realistic of me. However for that I NEED to have chemistry and obviously I failed that. I love the subject but honestly I don't know what happend to me, probably a bad exam day but I was so gutted.

Is it possible for me to resit chemistry during my A2 or just like one unit and do A2 chemistry as well. So I would basically drop geography and do Psch, bio, Chem As, Chem A2???
I really want this option because I am very confident that I will do this because I know where I went wrong.

My other option is if I can't resit chemistry or a unit of it than to take a gap year after A2 and study A-level chemistry, it's not the best option but I have to do it
I will try my best and do anything to study neuroscience because I honestly that's it's for me.
Please if you could give good advice on how to handle this I would be very grateful!

Also I wanted to know if I have to contact my principal prior to starting A2 in September to let him know I want to resit? Or I just can inform him at the start?
angelcake123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You can resit chemistry AS units alongside your A2 studies

Posted from TSR Mobile
neuroash
Rep:
?
(Original post by angelcake123)
You can resit chemistry AS units alongside your A2 studies

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really? How many units can I resit? Or
is it just the one I did worst in ?
angelcake123
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by neuroash)
Really? How many units can I resit? Or
is it just the one I did worst in ?
You can resit as many as you want in June 2016 but it is advised to resit your worst ones, so these resits do not affect your A2 studies.
neuroash
Rep:
?
You can resit as many as you want in June 2016 but it is advised to resit your worst ones, so these resits do not affect your A2 studies.
Thank you ! Also I wanted to know if I have to contact my principal prior to starting A2 in September to let him know I want to resit? Or I just can inform him at the start
angelcake123
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by neuroash)
Thank you ! Also I wanted to know if I have to contact my principal prior to starting A2 in September to let him know I want to resit? Or I just can inform him at the start
You can probably inform him at the start. But all schools are different! Definitely inform your teacher at the start

Posted from TSR Mobile
igotyourback
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm also thinking of retaking my chemistry but it's AQA so do you know if I can just resit Unit 1 and 2 exams or would I have to resit all three of them?
angelcake123
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by igotyourback)
I'm also thinking of retaking my chemistry but it's AQA so do you know if I can just resit Unit 1 and 2 exams or would I have to resit all three of them?
Sorry I don't do chemistry, but I know you can resit whatever units you want to resit during A2

But if you want to resit the whole of year 12 again, then you can't take real exams until June 2017

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (0)
0%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (2)
18.18%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (2)
18.18%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (1)
9.09%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (4)
36.36%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (2)
18.18%

Watched Threads