ExamHelps
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So i failed maths gcse and got a D. The sixth i wanted to go to would of accepted me if i got a C but I did not. So i went to talk to my careers advisor and she told me that i should to a btec and re-sit maths , i thought it was a good idea as i wanted to go into psychology and this btec would allow me to and from looking at my results its definantly been a wake up call so i doubt that id slack off. However I've been looking online and some people are saying that i should not do a btec as unis dont look at it in a good way but then my teachers are saying they do. My plan is to take the btec , re-take maths and then apply for uni. But then i started thinking what would happen if i re-took maths and then did a-levels. But im also not sure if i should do this because in the mocks i got extremely high grades (B - A* but mainly A*) then in the gcses i got a D - B. Im really confused because im not sure if this just means exams are not for me or something. Sorry for the long post.
Blackstarr
Badges: 20
Report 5 years ago
You can still go to uni with a BTEC.

Btw, whic BTEC is it?
Blackstarr
Report 5 years ago
I am considering that too.
ToadHallToad
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Only Btec worth doing is Engineering. A level for the rest
ExamHelps
Rep:
?
(Original post by 08Mercyf)
You can still go to uni with a BTEC.

Btw, whic BTEC is it?
Health and social care. Career adviser said i should do it because it has psychology in it.
Blackstarr
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ExamHelps)
Health and social care. Career adviser said i should do it because it has psychology in it.
This is a good BTEC and I am considering doing that too instead of A levels.

So, do the BTEC alongside GCSE maths.
ExamHelps
Rep:
?
Ah okay , i might also be taking a gap year to do work in psychology just so i can improve my chances in getting into uni.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (28)
19.18%
I'm not sure (3)
2.05%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (50)
34.25%
I have already dropped out (3)
2.05%
I'm not a current university student (62)
42.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise