Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, this may have been discussed already but I'm struggling to find it. People who have lived in the Endcliffe acommodation, what are the rules and regulations involving blu/white tac on the walls, command hooks, normal hooks etc? If these arent allowed, does anyone have any suggestions of how to put up posters/pretty things?

Also, what colour are the walls and carpet typically? Not sure if the 360 degree tour is completely accurate, if it is then thats fine I'll just look there.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The rule is pretty much as long as it doesn't leave a mark you'll be fine, so white tac is usually a safe bet for posters.

ReputationRep:
    They say not to put blu tac and posters on the wall but so many people do. In fact, if I remember correctly, the room on the 360 tour on their website has posters on the wall anyway. I used white tac and it was fine.
    As long as it doesn't leave a really noticeable mark there'll be no problem. Even if there is a mark the cost to fix it will just be taken out of your deposit at the end of the year.

The rooms are either red, yellow, blue or green. The ones on the website should show everything pretty well. Pray you don't get green, it's the worst one. I was so sick of it after living in green for a year.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 25, 2015
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.