Turn on thread page Beta

Which newspaper(s) do you read? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Title says it all really.

ReputationRep:
    Moscow Times - sorry thats probably not helpful...i used to read the Independant and the Times for the Sport

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cossack)
    Moscow Times - sorry thats probably not helpful...i used to read the Independant and the Times for the Sport
    Personally, I've always found the Telegraph is great for sport. Don't know about the Times, but the Telegraph has a separate sport supplement every day.

ReputationRep:
    The Courier Mail, but thats international so it wont count :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Metro, Guardian, Independant, Times, Evening Standard

ReputationRep:
    I read the Manchester Evening News if that counts

ReputationRep:
    Evening Standard, Metro.

ReputationRep:
    The Independant!

On the other hand, I dislike the idea that they brought out a new scheme whereby they offer it in an A4 version

ReputationRep:
    i dont read any newspaper!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophetta)
    Guardian and the Scotsman (I think that should count)
    I would have put in an option for Local Dailies, but since you can only have 9 I couldn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpollodiablouk)
    Title says it all really.
    I am a guardian man myself, even have a subscription to guardian unlimited.

ReputationRep:
    bbc news online

ReputationRep:
    hmm i've voted Times, but i do occasionally read the sun and the mail for..... celeb gossip for Celebdaq
    it's the only papers my colleagues buy anyway, so i might as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    I am a guardian man myself, even have a subscription to guardian unlimited.
    DIE

No, seriously, why would any self-respecting liberal/left-winger read that rag when there is the Independent?

My politics tend towards the right, but I still happily read the Independent, as well as the Telegraph.

Whereas, when/if I pick up the "Grauniad" (between thumb and forefinger) I only have to read a few lines to want to shoot someone. Even their online education website (which is supposed to be good) has a preposterous "inclusiveness" rating for unis. Grrrrr.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -mb-)
    DIE

No, seriously, why would any self-respecting read that rag when there is the Independent?

My politics tend towards the right, but I still happily read the Independent, as well as the Telegraph.

Whereas, when/if I pick up the "Grauniad" (between thumb and forefinger) I only have to read a few lines to want to shoot someone. Even their online education website (which is supposed to be good) has a preposterous "inclusiveness" rating for unis. Grrrrr.
    Oh come on, most other broad sheets have lowered their price to attract a wider audiance, the guardian has not cheapen itself.

ReputationRep:
    The Nottingham Evening Post

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -mb-)
    DIE

No, seriously, why would any self-respecting read that rag when there is the Independent?

i see symptoms of the "head up own arse" disease.

the guardian is good, consistant, good for your english too:spotting all the spelling mistakes!lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    i see symptoms of the "head up own arse" disease.

the guardian is good, consistant, good for your english too:spotting all the spelling mistakes!lol
    What do you expect? He reads the Mail and the Torygraph.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by elpollodiablouk)
    What do you expect? He reads the Mail and the Torygraph.
    My mum reads the telegraph - she says it's good to know your enemy :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    My mum reads the telegraph - she says it's good to know your enemy :cool:
    Something like 60% of Telegraph readers are over 55, compared with about 45% for the Times and 25-30% for the Grauniad and the Independent.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 8, 2004
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.