Turn on thread page Beta

Amazon just rolled out Same Day - 2 HOUR delivery service! watch

ReputationRep:
    For a minimum of £20. What are your thoughts on this? I think it only makes shoppers less patient and possibly more impulsive with their shopping (of course, Amazon wins from this). I think next day delivery is awesome but this is a bit too far. -_-

So yeah, thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    If you're a student, subscribe to Amazon Student. Basically, you get 6 months trial of Prime, then it's half price per year.

I have it, it's worth it so far

ReputationRep:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Nice one!

I just bought a portable battery for my phone and they offered click and collect for Monday! Ordered on a Saturday evening! :O :O
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Amazons next day delivery service never turned up till between 6pm and 8pm so after many days waiting in all day for my parcel,a 2 hour service sounds ideal for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaughingKitsune)
    If you're a student, subscribe to Amazon Student. Basically, you get 6 months trial of Prime, then it's half price per year.

I have it, it's worth it so far
    Yeah it is worth it, though I did this and ended up hardly using it. Also I don't think you get films/videos etc on it which I was looking forward to.

OP how much does this cost?

ReputationRep:
    Probably only for people who live within a distance from their warehouses.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roving Fish)
    Nice one!

I just bought a portable battery for my phone and they offered click and collect for Monday! Ordered on a Saturday evening! :O :O
    Amazon loves you. Can you feel the Amazonian love?

(Original post by claireestelle)
    Amazons next day delivery service never turned up till between 6pm and 8pm so after many days waiting in all day for my parcel,a 2 hour service sounds ideal for me
    Odd. Mine always turns up at morning. I just wake up and a lovely packet from Amazon has come already. Feels like Christmas!

(Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Yeah it is worth it, though I did this and ended up hardly using it. Also I don't think you get films/videos etc on it which I was looking forward to.

OP how much does this cost?
    You do get videos with Prime. Hell, amazon keeps annoyingly telling me that (they have already sent me two letters with two Amazon video cards) and they keep emailing me about it. Funnily enough, I don't use it.
    It is free (for Prime Members) if you spend a minimum of £20. So you won't get a pair of socks delivered in 2 hours. But normally this extreme priority is most likely associated with high value products.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    Amazon loves you. Can you feel the Amazonian love?

Odd. Mine always turns up at morning. I just wake up and a lovely packet from Amazon has come already. Feels like Christmas!

You do get videos with Prime. Hell, amazon keeps annoyingly telling me that (they have already sent me two letters with two Amazon video cards) and they keep emailing me about it. Funnily enough, I don't use it.
    It is free (for Prime Members) if you spend a minimum of £20. So you won't get a pair of socks delivered in 2 hours. But normally this extreme priority is most likely associated with high value products.
    I complained to customer service when i cancelled prime and they gave me a refund so wasnt all bad.
    £20 would cover that emergency textbook the library has run out of for that essay due the next day:P

ReputationRep:
    The ****ers lied to me, they promised next day delivery (saturday) but it did not arrive until Monday.

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't work out how to get the videos to work, they kept asking for payment so I didn't bother.

Cheers :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pulse.)
    Probably only for people who live within a distance from their warehouses.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Doubt it. It covers most of London and I doubt they have warehouses all over London.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    The ****ers lied to me, they promised next day delivery (saturday) but it did not arrive until Monday.
    Complain! I did and they gave me 2 extra months of Prime. I did it twice.

ReputationRep:
    I complained to customer service when i cancelled prime and they gave me a refund so wasnt all bad.
    £20 would cover that emergency textbook the library has run out of for that essay due the next day:P
    Then return it, get a refund and get Juichiro some drinks for having that awesome idea.

P.S. Irrelevant question: do you work at the TSR offices?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Then return it, get a refund and get Juichiro some drinks for having that awesome idea.

P.S. Irrelevant question: do you work at the TSR offices?
    I ve never needed an emergency textbook, i m an assignment early bird the latest i ve ever had anything in is 12 hours before a deadline, normally its days i have it done before:P

No i don't

ReputationRep:
    I ve never needed an emergency textbook, i m an assignment early bird the latest i ve ever had anything in is 12 hours before a deadline, normally its days i have it done before:P

No i don't
    Good news that you do it early. Bad news I don't get my drinks.

Hmmm, interesting. It's because some people of the Community/[insername name here] Team posted some pics of themselves working in the TSR office. Exactly one week ago.

Your name was in the list of people who was at the TSR offices. How do you explain that?

See list:

Roving Fish
    Slowbro93
    Minerva
    Carnationlilyrose
    Hype en Ecosse
    Nirgilis
    James A
    SlowlorisIncognito
    claireestelle
    Zottula
    ParadoxSocks
    Neostigmine
    Lucilou101
    Craghyrax
    Puddles the Monkey
    Jeanlucpicard
    Queen Cersei
    She-Ra

P.S. I am just curious

Oooooo! :ahee:

i guess its only worth it if you need something urgent. Otherwise the free delivery in 3-5 days is fine as i usually get stuff quicker than that

ReputationRep:
    Are they going to whip their couriers?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Good news that you do it early. Bad news I don't get my drinks.

Hmmm, interesting. It's because some people of the Community/[insername name here] Team posted some pics of themselves working in the TSR office. Exactly one week ago.

Your name was in the list of people who was at the TSR offices. How do you explain that?

See list:

Roving Fish
    Slowbro93
    Minerva
    Carnationlilyrose
    Hype en Ecosse
    Nirgilis
    James A
    SlowlorisIncognito
    claireestelle
    Zottula
    ParadoxSocks
    Neostigmine
    Lucilou101
    Craghyrax
    Puddles the Monkey
    Jeanlucpicard
    Queen Cersei
    She-Ra

P.S. I am just curious
    All of the university and study help mods help out at the office on results day hence us being there:P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    Attached Images

Poll
If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.