The Student Room Group

I wish my parents were wealthy...

Scroll to see replies

just because your parents are wealthy doesn't mean they will help YOU. they want you to be independent and learn how to make your own money. obviously if they gave you the money then you're not learning anything nor doing hard work. this is why i never understood university grants -- my friend gets about £10k all together because she is on benefits whereas some other people have rich parents yet get barely £3k from the grant... which is not fair. because we're all surviving from that money, it isn't like our wealthy parents are spoon feeding us, they just let us stay in their home lolololol.

seriously stop being so jealous.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
Original post by Plutonian
He thinks he won the argument because he pointed out a typo.

I'm finished :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
Original post by Plutonian
He thinks he won the argument because he pointed out a typo.

On a serious note, yes I did win this "argument" because your logics are incorrect and I only had to read a few lines to realise that you're a piece of sh*t.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
Original post by Anonymous
Like the title says. But not so that they could pay for my fancy gadgets or any other temporary material possession but more so that I could have a good start in life with things like properties etc like so many of my friends have :/

Anyone else relate?

I wish my parents were happy and still together. Stop crying about little things, you don't want them to buy you iphones etc but you want them to help you purchase property?
Original post by Man.bear.pig
:eek4: ohhhhhh ****ttttt
and I'm Indian, I speak Hindi, some Punjabi, not urdu so idk

well yeah this is TSR, not Bradford...

what is he saying?

So are you telling me that TSR is not an international website? Sure there are plenty of members from Pakistan.
With your disgusting provocative picture of Bradford, bet you get pissed seeing an Asian doing well. (:
Reply 46
I think its just a prank being played on me by my parents, i'm waiting for the day they say- " Hey its just a prank, we're actually millionaires but we did this to teach you to be humble"
So are you telling me that TSR is not an international website? Sure there are plenty of members from Pakistan.
With your disgusting provocative picture of Bradford, bet you get pissed seeing an Asian doing well. (:

:erm: i'd never say anything racist about a Pakistani or an Urdu speaker. Is this to me or OP? :K:
Original post by william walker
It isn't always how much wealth your parents have. It is sometimes which contacts they have which they can call upon. My family are well off, but not rich. However they have contacts and know people with power/wealth. I know some people also now. My brother knows nobody. :colonhash:

i know people in the films industry, jewellers, more masons than you can shake a stick at
Reply 49
You're a golddigger.
Reply 50
Welcome to the birth lottery, where some are born into a great quality of life without having to lift a finger whilst the rest of us suffer from our lack of nepotism and social mobility.

And people excuse the injustice of it all with the reminder that someone out there has it worse than you—because clearly, that should make becoming a wage slave for the rest of your days worth it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Yup have that feeling a lot of times, and a lot of my friends families are well established, I can't help you get rid of this feeling cause it's natural when you don't have something you feel sad, so my plan is to study and accomplish my goals so that my children won't have to consider about the money in my pocket if they need something.....P.s it really hurts when you want to buy something and you remember you can't afford it.....it really is a pathetic feeling.
People can become very successful without having any contacts and coming from a low income household.

Yes contacts make it easier but why don't you make them yourself? Get work experience etc.
Im in yr 12 and I'm in contact with a person who has a job offer at Credit Suisse and am friends with a guy who's uncle works as an Investment Banker in JPMorgan. If I can do it you can.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Like the title says. But not so that they could pay for my fancy gadgets or any other temporary material possession but more so that I could have a good start in life with things like properties etc like so many of my friends have :/

Anyone else relate?

Be grateful for what you have. You don't have any idea how many people in this world would do just to be in your shoes for a day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending